Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pins for original loomm plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RocketMonkey
I've had a good look about but failed to find replacement pins to buil into a new loom I'm building. The plugs are available with pins from various suppliers (at a cost!) but I can reuse the plug bodies from my existing loom so just want to save the time having to de-solder all the connectors out of the old loom and use new instead.

Should I be using a universal specific search term to find them, or were they a proprietary part made by Porsche?

I'm in the UK so a home based supplier would be ideal, but I'd also be happy to source them from US or other if someone could provide a lead.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
I think this is what you want:

https://www.kroonwireharnesses.com/other-it...-artno-14polmal
technicalninja
This is an example of HOW important this forum is...

Exactly 6 hours to what looks like an "ultimate" source in Europe for a guy in England from a guy in California.

Hats off to you Jeff!

first.gif first.gif
mepstein
I believe RM is looking for just the pins, not the whole connector kit.
Restoration Design makes wire harnesses in house. I would call them, ask for Pete and see if they will sell you the pins separately.
They have always been very accommodating to the 914 community.
FlacaProductions
You can email Peter here: wiring@restoration-design.com
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we always stock the pins
RocketMonkey
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 13 2024, 03:10 PM) *

Restoration Design makes wire harnesses in house. I would call them, ask for Pete and see if they will sell you the pins separately.

I appretiate the response and link JeffBowlsby but as Mepstein has correctly identified I'm literally just after the pins.

dr914@autoatlanta.com I did have a look on your website but couldn't find them, I'll take a better look!
mepstein
QUOTE(RocketMonkey @ Apr 13 2024, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 13 2024, 03:10 PM) *

I appretiate the response and link JeffBowlsby but as Mepstein has correctly identified I'm literally just after the pins.

dr914@autoatlanta.com I did have a look on your website but couldn't find them, I'll take a better look!

There are times when you just have to call a supplier and ask. I can’t tell you how many times one of our suppliers or vendors has a part that’s not listed on their website. I’m the poster child for not wanting to pick up the phone and call but also know I wouldn’t get half of the stuff done if I didn’t.

Good example is Dougherty cams will rebush and refurbish rockers. Doesn’t say anything about it on their site but I had called them years ago and asked. Just got a set done last week.
The machine shop that we use for engine case repair doesn’t even exist on the internet. They have a six month backlog because all the race car builders send them their engine cases.
SirAndy
QUOTE(RocketMonkey @ Apr 13 2024, 01:37 PM) *

Well, since Kroon sells the plug kit that includes the pins, you could contact them and see if they'll sell you just the pins.
Obviously, they are able to source them.

The solution to a local (ish) supplier might just be an email away.
shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2024, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(RocketMonkey @ Apr 13 2024, 01:37 PM) *

Well, since Kroon sells the plug kit that includes the pins, you could contact them and see if they'll sell you just the pins.
Obviously, they are able to source them.

The solution to a local (ish) supplier might just be an email away.
shades.gif

Yea, sorry. I missed the OP’s location.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.