Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Schroth 6 point racing harnesses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Krieger
It pains me to have to replace these every 5 years. This time new Schroth replacements were $1200! Not a whole lot of use on these. They look like new! Lost a season due to covid. The stickers are still on the receivers. Car is always in the garage when not on the track. Comes with all new mounting hardware, directions and a sticker! I mount the shoulder straps by wrapping he the roll cage behind the seat in my 914. I say this because I trimmed the shoulder straps so they are not hanging two feet down. There are buckles and and mounting hardware so you can mount to the firewall.

200$ shipped in continental US
Krieger
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Click to view attachment
gereed75
I use a different supplier ( not Schroth) in my race car. They reuse the hardware and just replace the webbing. They then recert the harness. Much cheaper than buying new everything. Might want to check your options.
GregAmy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 14 2024, 03:04 PM) *
This time new Schroth replacements were $1200!

Where in the heck are you paying $1200 for Schroth FIA harnesses?? Are they gold-plated?

The vast majority of Schroth race harnesses that we use in our race cars are in the $350-$570 range.

At the risk of coming across as rude - not intended - these belts are not usable with any race organization. They'd be OK for track lapping days, but those are generally done in street cars so will not likely have the proper mounting points to install them.

I suggest $350 for these expired belts is excessive. I usually donate mine to anyone that wants them for the shipping costs and a return shipment of a 6-pack of good local IPA...

If you can find someone to re-string 'em, give it a shot. But they'll probably only carry SFI certification, which is only good for 2 years (not saying they cannot be re-certified to FIA for five years, but I've not pursued finding someone, I just replace 'em. And eff SFI and their two years, buy FIA for five).

Let me know what you're looking for in harnesses and I can help. Or start here:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/s...acing-harnesses
Krieger
Crap! I was in a pinch after teching my car a week before the last event. I went to my go to place Wine Country Motor Sport. Those looked Identicle to the ones in my car. I made a big assumption that inflation had fuched the cost of seat belts as well. headbang.gif I checked the Summit site and they definitely still had the lower cost Schroth belts.
Regarding the price of the belts, I agree it is excessive. I will adjust. Many people put these style belts in their street car or buggies.
Krieger
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Krieger
Bump for reduced price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.