Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up a set of custom Kelzer Aluminum wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I picked up a sweet set of one off custom made Keizer Aluminum rims from a local ex-914er. He sold his /6 conversion and the new owner didn't want the AX rims, his loss my gain boldblue.gif The rims weight in just above 9 lbs each.

I think I'm going to go with a set of Kumho 710's & a spray bottle. I currently have falken's on fuchs (see pic) they still have good grip yet but new rims should get new tires, right........ burnout.gif
GaroldShaffer
more
GaroldShaffer
Last one biggrin.gif Anyone interested in a set of 5 fuchs? got to off set the cost of the 710's wink.gif
URY914
VERY nice, but......I hear people have problem with them leaking air. sad.gif

Paul
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 22 2005, 12:39 PM)

Paul

Looks like they don't hold air worth a shit right now ..... No tiars laugh.gif

Sorry slap.gif
Nice wheels must be Mag centers for being that light
vesnyder
Interested in the Fuchs - Let me know what you are hoping to get out of them.

Cheers
Aaron Cox
dont drive on the street with them badboys
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 22 2005, 05:25 PM)

They are also a little delicate for the race track.
My first set developed cracks in between the bolt holes after 2 seasons. They sold me a set of reinforcements for the inner half the next time and the wheels are standing up a bit better. I also went with the 3/16" thickness instead of 1/8". I think in order to get the weight down to 9 lbs they must be made with the 1/8" thick material.
Mine don't leak air, but YMMV.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 22 2005, 01:25 PM)

Don't plan to, just for AXing. No problem with cracks or leaking air the PO used them for 3 yrs of AXing. I couldn't resist the asking price. I plan on getting the 710's wednesday.

Interested in the Fuchs - Let me know what you are hoping to get out of them

I will let you know when I am ready to sell.
grantsfo
I have a set. You just need to be very careful when mounting tires. If you have somone mount tires for you make sure they have expereince with 3 piece wheels. My 15x8 Kiezers only weigh a little over 9 lbs too. They are a bit uglier than your wheels however! I currently run Hoosier AX slicks.

I havent had a single problem with mine after having tires mounted by people who do race tires as part of their living.

Great find! In talking to the guys at Keizer they havent done too many 4 lugs for 914's. I paid $250 each for mine new just to give you a sense of how good your deal was.
GaroldShaffer
@$250 new, then I got a great deal. biggrin.gif The PO said the same thing about them doing 4 bolt setups. I was planning on getting my V710's from tire rack. I'm only 45 min away from there place in South Bend Indiana. I would think they would be a safe place for mounting the tires. confused24.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Aug 22 2005, 06:30 PM)
@$250 new, then I got a great deal. biggrin.gif The PO said the same thing about them doing 4 bolt setups. I was planning on getting my V710's from tire rack. I'm only 45 min away from there place in South Bend Indiana. I would think they would be a safe place for mounting the tires. confused24.gif

Yep. I took a chance on a well respected tire shop in my area. Reviewed installation instructions and they still screwed them up. Brought them to a race tire shop and no problems.
GaroldShaffer
So other than asking if they have mounted tires on these types of rims before what should I look for or ask?
nynone4
SWEET wheels Garold!
URY914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 22 2005, 12:39 PM)

Paul

But don't get me wrong, I would love to have 9 pound wheels wub.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.