Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Five lug conversion - which parts for the rear?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jamlip
Hi all.

I'm in the process of converting my car to five-lug. I have all the parts for the front but am struggling to find definitive information on how to convert the rears.

I know it is possible to drill the hubs, but I'm really looking for strength, and so would like to use 911 parts all the way through.

Anyone able to help with part numbers etc?

Jamie
mepstein
If you still have a four in it, URO makes a conversion hub. Fits the stock stub axle but has five lugs. I’m pretty sure PMB sells them. If you have a six, there’s a thread by Eric explaining the conversion to 911 parts.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=91963
914Sixer
Just a heads up on the 5 lug conversion from URO. They are all but dried up. Lots of places advertise but they are NOT in stock. Also you must consider the cost of 10 wheel studs at $100 extra. This is the cheapest option.
jamlip
Thanks both. The car has a Subaru six cylinder in it.

Mark - I just PM'd you!
Stratfink
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 16 2024, 04:25 PM) *

Just a heads up on the 5 lug conversion from URO. They are all but dried up. Lots of places advertise but they are NOT in stock. Also you must consider the cost of 10 wheel studs at $100 extra. This is the cheapest option.

I’ll second that. I ordered these recently and they came up unavailable after a couple weeks of waiting. Got the refund and ordering the kit from PMB.

914werke
QUOTE(jamlip @ Apr 16 2024, 03:54 PM) *
I know it is possible to drill the hubs, but I'm really looking for strength, and so would like to use 911 parts all the way through.
Jamie

Curious what you are planning for, that you are concerned about the strength of re-driled rotors? Prior to the URO items these were the GO-TO & hundreds are still on the road?
76-914
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 17 2024, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(jamlip @ Apr 16 2024, 03:54 PM) *
Jamie

Curious what you are planning for, that you are concerned about the strength of re-driled rotors? Prior to the URO items these were the GO-TO & hundreds are still on the road?

Rich, he wants to have larger and more available CV's since he is installing a Subaru 6 and to have a better choice of tires. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.