Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's this two pronged sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Last week I asked a couple of questions about senders for my 2.7L, and found out that the senders up by the fan are temp and pressure (gauge) senders. But, I noticed another sender to the right of these, over on the other side of the oil fed cam chain tensioner...it is two pronged. What is this one for?

Doug C
DougC
BTW, this sender reads "+45 degree C" & "36/3/4 and a part number.

Doug C
ArtechnikA
my engine came with one of those too!
i have no idea what it does...

i'll go ask the 911 board and then maybe we'll both know...
DougC
Hey..is that a subtle hint for me to check somewhere else dry.gif Well, I tend to frequent those 911 boards as little as possible these days. But, if you find out, I'd like to know too. thanks.

Doug C
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (DougC @ Aug 22 2005, 12:39 PM)
Last week I asked a couple of questions about senders for my 2.7L, and found out that the senders up by the fan are temp and pressure (gauge) senders. But, I noticed another sender to the right of these, over on the other side of the oil fed cam chain tensioner...it is two pronged. What is this one for?

Doug C

2.7s didn't have oil fed cam chain tensioners. Is this sender in the chain cover? Is it on ehr right or left (as seen from the rear of a 911. The CIS cars have a thermotime switch in the left cover, and some cars have a temp switch in the right cover, as well. The Cap'n
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (DougC @ Aug 22 2005, 05:43 PM)
Hey..is that a subtle hint for me to check somewhere else...

no, it was a "thanks for the reminder, i've been meaning to ask about that..."

the 911 RennList guys are knowledgeable and fairly down-to-earth.

donno what it is about the Birdie Board that attracts the lunatic fringe; i don't go there very often.

IMO - ya got a 911 engine, yer gonna hafta pay a bit of attention to the 911 issues...

(got my first 914.6 30 years ago, been following 911 issues at some distance since then...)
DougC
Yes, it's on the chain cover..I should've mentioned that. And, it's on the same side as the other two oil related senders but about as far away from the fan as possible.

Doug C
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 22 2005, 06:07 PM)
2.7s didn't have oil fed cam chain tensioners. Is this sender in the chain cover?

they didn't come with pressure-fed tensioners, but lots of them have been retrofitted. mine has. i don't think i'd have done it, but it came that way from the PO...

my sensor-in-question is in the leftside chain cover, and it was a CIS engine when removed from service, so the thermo-time switch makes complete sense.
Sammy
It is a temperature sender for the CIS.
It tells the fuel injection if the engine needs (cold) fuel enrichment or not.
DougC
Thanks Sammy, that does make since and my engine is CIS too.

Doug C
lapuwali
Specifically, the thermo-time switch turns on the cold-start injector, which only operates while cranking. There's ANOTHER device (the warmup-regulator) which provides cold running enrichment. It's a box mounted near the throttle linkage, with a vacuum hose, a fuel hose, and at least one wire leading to it.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 22 2005, 02:42 PM)
Specifically, the thermo-time switch turns on the cold-start injector, which only operates while cranking. There's ANOTHER device (the warmup-regulator) which provides cold running enrichment. It's a box mounted near the throttle linkage, with a vacuum hose, a fuel hose, and at least one wire leading to it.

TWO fuel hoses, one or two vacuum lines (varies with the application), and an electrical connector (1 or 2 wires, depending on the year). Mounted on the #2 intake runner. Properly called the "Control Pressure Regulator", also frequently called the "Warmup Regulator". The Cap'n
michel richard
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ArtechnikA
Green Manalishi with Two-Prong Crown (circle).
pressure-fed tensioner update oil line (arrow).
paragraph on the back of each one, telling what each one is (this).

{if you didn't follow Fleetwood Mac in the Peter Green era, you'll have no idea what i'm talking about...}
ArtechnikA
cr&p - i really hate that you can't edit a picture in!!
redshift
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 23 2005, 08:14 AM)

{if you didn't follow Fleetwood Mac in the Peter Green era, you'll have no idea what i'm talking about...}

As Zappa said, "Jump down, turn around, turn your Peter Green."

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.