Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1970 914 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914Grant
1970 Porsche 914 Targa 5 speed. Purchased the car in early 2022 as a roller. The immediate past owner had inherited the car in 2019 and as a skilled paint and body guy restored the exterior to its original tangerine orange and replaced the windshield. Did a pretty decent job of it. He was however not interested in dealing with the many mechanical issues. When I took possession the engine and trans were out of the car and the engine had been disassembled down to the cylinders and then left under plastic for a number of years. Originally the engine was a 1.7 cc FI but sometime in early 2000, near I can tell from the limited documentation, it underwent a significant transformation receiving a 2056 cc big bore conversion that included dual Weber IDF 40 carburetors and a PMB custom exhaust. I undertook a complete rebuild in 2022 including new 96mm pistons, rings, and jugs; new main, cam, and rod bearings; new main seals; rebuilt heads; rebuilt carburetors; new clutch and reconditioned flywheel. Work on the car has included installing: (1) rebuilt front /rear disc brake calipers from PMB including new pads, rubber fluid lines, rear stainless steel fluid lines and 19mm master cylinder; (2) new tunnel stainless steel fuel line, fuel pump, in-line filter, and fuel tank sock filter; (3) rebuilt trans side CV joints, and new shift linkage bushings; (4) new targa top, front trunk, and inner door seals (914 Rubber); (5) and much more. Have receipts for all work/parts done on car since purchase. Other than the hell hole (chassis under the battery that I have refurbished), this car has none of the rust issues often associated with this model year. This is a very solid condition 3 Porsche and it is a hoot to drive. Will not sell without buyer or trusted third party PPI. Car is located in beautiful Montrose, CO. Asking $17,500. Payment thru pre-arranged transfer of funds between buyer and seller’s banks. Car is also posted on the Porsche Club of America web site "The Mart" where there are more pictures to be seen than I have been able to post here. Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ssstikircr
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rjames
Link to PCA add (no affiliation)
https://mart.pca.org/ads/68216
914Grant
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Apr 17 2024, 11:33 AM) *

I've seen your comment before and I agree. Do you know the process I need to follow to include pictures in the post?
914Grant
QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 17 2024, 01:31 PM) *

Link to PCA add (no affiliation)
https://mart.pca.org/ads/68216

Thanks Bob for setting up the link. Very much appreciated. Grant
Gint
QUOTE(914Grant @ Apr 17 2024, 02:31 PM) *

I've seen your comment before and I agree. Do you know the process I need to follow to include pictures in the post?

Have a look at this.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
73-914
Did anybody ever make a proper 916 front bumper besides Porsche?
914Grant
QUOTE(Gint @ May 1 2024, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(914Grant @ Apr 17 2024, 02:31 PM) *

Have a look at this.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

Thanks so much Gint for this information. I'll get more pictures posted shortly.
914Grant
QUOTE(73-914 @ May 1 2024, 09:37 AM) *

Did anybody ever make a proper 916 front bumper besides Porsche?

Not sure but I think the fiberglass rendition on this 914 looks pretty good. Believe it was originally purchased from Atlanta Auto back in early 2000.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.