Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classified ads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Trying to post an ad in the classifieds. "SPAM alert" reads that I am spamming the list by the ad I am placing.
Can I get a clarifacation.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
campbellcj
LOL, you must've used one of the "forbidden words"....Home Typist, India, Get Rich Quick, AA,...
olav
Here is the list of words that are filtered. As far as I know this is up-to-date. But I could be wrong.

india
typing
work at home
home workers
home mailers
home typists
staple bookets
excellent pay
easy jobs
worldwidehometypists
training provided
real pay
real work
previous experience
accounting
dogs
shit
fuck
asshole
grooming
apply now
full or part time
excellent income
stuffing envelope
sendfree.com
cliktopromote
E-Mail Advertisements
cashaday
that pays
Click the link
Accept credit cards
merchant account
paidresponse
check payments
infogeneratorpro
rediffmail
crazyresponder4u
Commissions
olav
Actually, it's a list of words and phrases. A post cannot contain what is on each line of the above list.

For example:

The word "earn" cannot appear anywhere so "earnest" would be rejected and "learn" would be rejected. We have tried to cut down words that could be part of another benign word.
"Ass" was in there untill people started selling "glass", we took that word out.

The phrase "previous experience" can't appear anywhere, if it does the message gets the axe.

Brad might have added stuff that I don't know about so that is the list to the best of my knowledge.

Olav
olav
I think Brad extended the list because I can't find anything in your ad that would get it rejected.

Olav
boxstr
Thanks, That must be the problem, I beleive I used each of those words or phrases at least once in my ad for "the new 2003 euro front lite kit".
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
J P Stein
Can't use shit, fuck, or asshole?
I'm in big trouble.
I can't hardly string a sentance together without using at least 2 of these.
Bleyseng
JP, that's only in the classifieds not the BBS. Geez.....
Old farts sure know how to swear......

Geoff biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Smokin' & cussin' are my last 2 vices......well, there's fartin', but I see that as a virtue.

Were it not for these, I would be insufferably perfect. wink.gif
olav
How about burping?

Anyway, JP, we can make an exception for you if you want. You can put shit, fuck and whatever you want just say s h i t and f u c k and your in.
Brad Roberts
I havent added anything to the list that you havent suggested Olav.

Craig. Send me the ad and I will post it for you.

B
Brad Roberts
I have spent an hour trying to post this ad:

The new 2003 CAMP 914 front euro turn signal lite kit. This new and improved model came about after years of research and development can now be purchased for the front of your 914. Same old price $30.00 and the same old money back guarantee (satisfaction guranteed) May your new year be prosperous...

I had to pull out words like: if..to.. too still doesnt work.

I'm trying Craig.

B
boxstr
Hey thanks B. I did get "test" to work.=B^)
Craig wink.gif
vortrex
this ad cannot make it in either...

"FOR SALE: original dash pad in excellent condition. has 1 small flaw which is not easy to see when installed in car (I didn't notice it in 5 years). don't want to try shipping this, come and pick it up in SF. I can take pictures if interested. best REASONABLE offer"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.