Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hydraulic clutch project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
Crap! How long have I been missing this party? Brad? Mueller? JP? Thanks guys. wink.gif

Hey, in a few weeks I'll start the hydraulic clutch project I've been saving for this winter and I've got a question or two. Brad, you tipped me off to using a Tilton MC, but they come in a real wide range of bore sizes. Any recommendations as to which one would work best? I don't want to end up with to little or to much throw.

For anyone else thinkgin about this here are the prices I've gathered so far:
(www.pitstopusa.com)

Tilton master cyl $59
CNC residual pres. valve $25
CNC pull-style slave cyl $50
Lines and fittings $30

-Ben M.
Mueller
Welcome Ben.....

Great....now someone to abuse me, LOL
jonwatts
You mean abuse you MORE!
Jeroen
Hey Ben,

Welcom aboard biggrin.gif

What type of pedal-cluster are you planning to use?

cheers,

Jeroen
krk
Ben,

Glad you made it! Must meann it's time to talk about brake lines... :-)

kim.
airsix
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Feb 7 2003, 09:08 PM)
Hey Ben,

Welcom aboard biggrin.gif

What type of pedal-cluster are you planning to use?

cheers,

Jeroen

Stock pedal cluster. Brad tipped me off to thread the master cyl push-rod into the stock clutch cable clevis fork. Seems like a very straight forward way to get things hooked up (and others have done it before so it should work fine).

-Ben
airsix
QUOTE(krk @ Feb 8 2003, 08:33 AM)
Ben,

Glad you made it! Must meann it's time to talk about brake lines... :-)

kim.

Sorry, I.... Um..... I have no idea what you are talking about. wink.gif

-Ben
J P Stein
Gee, Ben, it's not as though there haven't been a few subtle hints. Ya can't just go over to the Rennlist or PP and say " Hey, you dumbshits, the action is over at the 914club". Well, Brad might, but I think (just maybe) he's developing some tact. biggrin.gif
Gary
Ben,

Rich Johnson has a hydraulic setup on his car. There's a not very good picture of it at: Rich's Car. You can email him at a914guy at aol dot com. I think he used a 944 slave. I'm pretty sure Wes Hildreth at H&H Enterprises: area code 972, number 423-8526 did the kit for him. Sounds like Brad has been down this road too, though.

Gary
914Timo
Very interesting topic. I would like to see pics about done hydraulic clutch conversions....

I took contact to Rich pray.gif a couple of years ago. I tried to ask details about his hydraulic clutch, but he only tried to sell me some kit devil.gif
The price was cosmic barf.gif Something like $1400 :toilet:
I asked if it was made from gold. I am not sure if I ever get any reply.... :gilloutine:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.