Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best way to cap the return fuel line at the fuel tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Good morning – I hope everybody had a good weekend and got some driving in.

I was hoping to get some coaching and best practices on the best way to The return line on the fuel tank itself as part of a carb conversion. I have a low pressure rotary pump that I’ve used successfully elsewhere and while I know there is some debate on this when I went and checked one of my other cars has this exact set up and has been trouble free as far as fueling goes for the past several years.

Ideally, perhaps, there would be an aluminum that screws right on, but I haven’t found that yet, and I am keen to hear how others have addressed this.

Thanks!
rhodyguy
A new piece of hose (rated for modern fuels), a appropriate sized shouldered bolt, and a couple of shouldered clamps. Stock Phenolic spacers under the intakes help with the heat soak and hot fuel. Service the in tank filter/sock while you’re in there.
brant
Best way is with a working return line
Superhawk996
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 22 2024, 10:49 AM) *

lol-2.gif Love it!
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 22 2024, 07:49 AM) *

agree.gif

The return line is still beneficial on a carb conversion car. No need to cap it off.
popcorn[1].gif
73-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 22 2024, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 22 2024, 07:49 AM) *

agree.gif

The return line is still beneficial on a carb conversion car. No need to cap it off.
popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif lol-2.gif stirthepot.gif
Tdskip
Oh fine, I’ll do it properly.

Some fun, you all are.

And @rhodyguy thanks
ChrisFoley
My carb fuel line kits include a special cap for the return fitting.
It consists of a 1/2" long piece of 5/16"od plated steel rod, a 1 1/2" long piece of fuel hose, and hose clamps.
Superhawk996
In full transparency - on my 1st teener, I ran a Facet pump and a capped return line. It works.

37 years later, knowing what I know now and having learned lessons via school of hard knocks, I wouldn’t do it again.

Hopefully no offense taken, I was just having fun with the funny post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.