Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 6 at Stokes Auction in Port Orchard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tbrown4x4
Original 6. No engine/transmission. Hell hole bad, longs seem ok.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixaddict
Without original engine may never be top $ car……but still my favorite color.
targa72e
Could you provide link to auction.

john
Tbrown4x4
I can try later today
fixer34
Compared to what I see others are doing to resurrect a -6, it isn't a bad starting point unless they want crazy money for it.
fixer34
I see just the nose tip of a 75/76 in front of it. Another auction car?
rick 918-S
Tried to check it out but you have to sign up to enter and view the items as far as I could tell.
Cairo94507
That could be a good buy for the right person. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
I would buy it but the boss put a moratorium on any more cars. Yes dear... dry.gif
ctc911ctc
Original color looks like it may be Red?

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Apr 24 2024, 07:22 PM) *

bkrantz
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Apr 25 2024, 05:10 PM) *

Original color looks like it may be Red?

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Apr 24 2024, 07:22 PM) *

You mean the red around the hinge mount? That looks like spray after a quick rivet job.
Tbrown4x4
Sorry everybody, work went sideways and I haven't had time to address this.

Yes, the red is covering up a riveted hinge conversion.

Th website is easy to find, but you have to register. They're legit, but pretty much went online during Covid. You can bid in person again now too.

There is a red '76 and a yellow '74. Didn't really look at them.

All came from the same estate. They might have the drivetrain somewhere so it doesn't walk off, but I don't know.
jhynesrockmtn
Hmm, interesting. If I were more up for a big project, this might be a good one. I've thought about finding a factory 6 VIN roller to put the engine in my GT tribute in. I could then sell that as a roller. The GT engine is from a factory 6 car.
ClayPerrine
If someone buys this, I know where a complete 914-6 drivetrain is located. It is out of a real six that was totalled years ago. It is complete, from the air cleaners to the heat exchangers. It even has a transmission, but the ears are broken off of it.

One of our PCA region members has gone to assisted living. He had 914s, and a 93.5 911T. His daughter is trying to close out the estate and sell everything.

Located in the DFW area in Texas.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.