Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick brake master installation question - washers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burlybryan
I've got the non-easy install 914Rubber brake master cylinder. From the installation videos I've seen, there should be small metal washers between the MC and the rubber grommets for the supply lines. Do these exist within my original MC to be re-used? The new one (bought a while ago before they offered the easy install version) didn't come with them.

Thanks.
rjames
Deleted
mepstein
The washers that go under the lines will be present in your old mc and are fine to reuse. They are not crush washers like the ones on the side. They absolutely have to be there for your brakes to function properly and not leak.
914werke
agree.gif
fiacra
QUOTE(burlybryan @ Apr 25 2024, 09:26 AM) *

I've got the non-easy install 914Rubber brake master cylinder. From the installation videos I've seen, there should be small metal washers between the MC and the rubber grommets for the supply lines. Do these exist within my original MC to be re-used? The new one (bought a while ago before they offered the easy install version) didn't come with them.

Thanks.

I'll add my voice to the chorus. You need them, and they are not the crush washers that go on the banjo fitting for the caliper supply lines. They came with my 914Rubber non-easy install MC and were in a small ziploc bag. Easy to lose, especially if you bought the part several years ago. Give 914Rubber a call and I'll bet they'll send you some more. I'm not a big fan of reusing easily replaceable parts, but that advice came from a more experienced member so I'm sure it's ok to reuse the old ones. Have fun getting the grommets in place. I lubed mine with a bit of brake fluid and that really helped. I used a pair of right angle pliers to push them down in place. That was the hardest part of the job... A Motiv pressure brake bleeder and three quarts of brake fluid were needed to get all the air out of the system. Have fun!
burlybryan
Thanks guys. Appreciate the detailed replies. Wish me luck!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
those are stainless and very important to help seat the two supply lines.

QUOTE(burlybryan @ Apr 25 2024, 09:26 AM) *

Thanks.

rjames
Appreciate the correction. I deleted my post with the incorrect info.
rjames
Appreciate the correction. I deleted my post with the incorrect info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.