Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat, leather or pleather, DIY or shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Gettin a 914 whenever I sell the bug(If you buy it now, I can get started sooner, see FS) down to 2 cars, either will need the seats re done. Having little experience in this area(helped a friend with a bug, but you can just buy the foam for that job) would this be better done by a pro? Also, if the job is done by a shop, would leather be a better choice? The remaining interiors are fine, except for the cracked dash pad, and will be stay stock, including the material on the firewall. Any thoughts.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Tobra @ Aug 23 2005, 04:28 AM)
Any thoughts.

i'd go with a pro.
leather is nice, but i'm particularly fond of the plaid inserts ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
get a pro to do it... bug seats are easier, with the hog rings and all...

leather is nice but $$$

nice vinyl is as soft as leather and will save some dough... most people won't be able to tell either...
bd1308
i love your bug...looks real nice.

i like silver

smilie_pokal.gif

wish i had the money to buy it....
Tobra
Thanks, the wifes second least favorite color for a car is silver, least favorite is orange. Guess what color the 914 I am getting is happy11.gif
Sammy
Just don't kill any naughas, they are still on the brink of the endangered list. wink.gif
Dr Evil
My partner Albert and I will be opening shop again here eral soon and can get your stuff covered professionally and inexpensively. If you want a quote, send me a PM with your requirements wavey.gif
scotty914
where have you been mike we missed, how is PA, how is Noel wub.gif

how are you to handling the heat and humidity

hijacked.gif
Dr Evil
Must sleep. Talk more later. Everyone alive and responsive. Humidity makes groin icky. More later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.