Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2024 - Sept 12-15, 2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
poorsche914
JOIN FELLOW 914 OWNERS AS WE CELEBRATE THE 50th ANNIVERSARY of the LIMITED EDITION CAN AM 914s!

IPB Image
SEPTEMBER 12-15, 2024
TOWNSEND, TN

Okteenerfest will once again be held in Townsend, TN – the peaceful side of the Smokies. With a location bordering Great Smoky Mountains National Park and within a 30 minute drive along the wonderful Foothills Parkway to the world-famous Dragon and its 318 curves in 11 miles, the mountain roads in the area are some of the best in the southeast. Where else can you experience multiple series of twisties, sweepers, elevation changes, and amazing views? All just a short drive from the host hotel.

THURSDAY – The fun begins with event check-in. Meet up with 914 friends new and old to catch up on what’s been going on throughout the past year. Optional “Sunset Drive” to view the sun setting over the Smokies.
FRIDAY – The “main event” – a drive on the area’s fantastic mountain roads. With planned rest and lunch stops along the way, the daylong drive will feature challenging mountain roads and amazing scenery.
SATURDAY – Marvel at the “rainbow of colors” at the Car Show. Find that much needed part at the Swap Meet (or sell some of your junk stuff). Attend a Tech Session or two. Go for a drive. Take a nap. Feast at the awards banquet. It’s a day filled with activities!
SUNDAY – Revel in the sounds and smells of dozens of 914s firing up to hit the road for home.

YOUR REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
Check-in Packet w/ Event Details
Thursday Evening Sunset Drive (optional)
Friday Drive
Saturday entry to Peoples Choice Car Show & Swap Meet
914 Tech Quiz entry
Informative Tech Sessions
Saturday Evening Awards Banquet
Tickets for Door Prize Drawings
Event T-Shirt
Lifetime of memories, meeting up with friends new & old, and a chance to bond with your 914

REGISTRATION CLOSED

LODGING INFO
HIGHLAND MANOR INN – Townsend, TN
Reservations: You MUST Call (865) 448-2211 and mention code “Okteenerfest” or “Porsche 914 Group”
Venue Website: http://www.highlandmanor.com/ No online reservations. Entire hotel is blocked for us.
Address: 7766 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Townsend, Tennessee, 37882
Jamie
Just made reservation at Highland Manor Hotel attempting to use their web site, and it stated No Reservations Available. The hotel has blocked all rooms for the event, so have to make reservations by phone. Done! It was a perfect location last year, good breakfast at Pancake House right across the road from the hotel. chowtime.gif
bdstone914
Call them to reserve a room. Dont go on their web site to check for rooms. They blocked out the rooms for us so it shows no availability. Hope to make it this year.
Olympic 914
Registered and room booked. piratenanner.gif

See you all then.

BTW. it seems the Itinerary on the website is for "Attendees Only" and Password protected. Will I receive an email with the password?

@poorsche914

poorsche914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 14 2024, 01:19 PM) *
BTW. it seems the Itinerary on the website is for "Attendees Only" and Password protected. Will I receive an email with the password?

Yes, you should have received an email with event info including the password to that section of the web site. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send to you.

steve
driving.gif
bahnzai
Registered and room booked as well…only 120 days left, gotta get busy !

FYI Steven, I did not see a password either. Thx
Olympic 914
QUOTE(bahnzai @ May 15 2024, 09:48 AM) *

Registered and room booked as well…only 120 days left, gotta get busy !

FYI Steven, I did not see a password either. Thx

Got it. Mine was hidden in thr JUNK folder.

@bahnzai
bahnzai
Thanks Tom, but it is not in my junk folder...no biggie, just glad to get registered!

Edit: Steve fixed me up, thanks. All fired up for the event!!
Dr Evil
Right on. Got to put this on the To-Do list. Did anyone hit me up for sponsorship yet? I dont recall an email.
adolimpio
Registered and room booked!
adolimpio
I'm surprised by the lack of activity in this thread.

In past years the Okteenerfest thread was highlighted in Orange to call attention to it. Maybe this could be done again.
Dr Evil
Booked and registered. Let me know what you want me to talk about regarding transmissions. I can bring examples, again.
iankarr
So bummed I can’t make it. Sounds like an awesome gathering. I plan to sell my BB soon to make room for the -6, so hopefully someone else will take my car smile.gif
jfort
Anyone know if there is a place reasonably close that allows a pet?
914dave
Registered and booked!!! See everyone in September
lvnzdrm
Booked hotel and registered!!! Should be a great week!!
poorsche914
QUOTE(jfort @ May 28 2024, 03:26 PM) *

I don't know of any specific places but there are plenty of lodging choices in Townsend from hotels to airbnb types.
Wish I could be of more help.

steve
driving.gif
Olympic 914
Read online that they just finished repaving the Dragon. piratenanner.gif

Can't wait.
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif
OK! i am now registered x2 , looks like my son will be able to attend with me for the first time since i started coming! Bought the car 15 years ago during his freshman year of college as a project, but due to school, grad school and work schedules hes not been able to make it, so i am excited for a fun Father/Son outing this year!!

See you all in 90 days!
Phil
ClayPerrine
We are registered and booked at the hotel. piratenanner.gif

ClayPerrine
We never received an email with our password. sad.gif

poorsche914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2024, 09:17 AM) *
We never received an email with our password. sad.gif

Hmm, I will look into that. I've been having other issues on other sites as well. One was fixed by turning back PHP from recently updated 8.2 down to 8.1.

See you in the fall,
steve
driving.gif
poorsche914
For those who have registered for Okteenerfest but have not received an email containing the password to the attendees list... I was running some tests and found out that messages were held in queue for some reason. Several went out not long ago. Clay... one of them was to you.

So if you registered and have not received an email with event info including the password, check your junk folder if you haven't already. Otherwise, PM me here and I will gladly send it.

See you in the fall,
steve
driving.gif
bahnzai
Bump back to the front page
914dave
icon_bump.gif
shag
Hey ya'll, I made reservations on the same day as the info came on line because I remember being on the web page when Steve announced it. I was just checking 914 world on line and didn't remember ever getting an email confirming that. So I called the motel and they didn't have my name on there list! So I made reservations again. The nice lady on the phone told me they had my address wrong, my email name wrong, hence no reservation. Be sure to confirm reservations.
DrinkMan
QUOTE(jfort @ May 28 2024, 03:26 PM) *

I've been looking through VRBO & AirBNB and there are lot of cabins within 3 miles of the venue and many of them allow pets. And if you extend your search to 5 miles, there are almost unlimited choices. This is a very popular area for rental cabins and condos.

I just reserved a nice cabin with great views that is 5 minute drive to the official event hotel.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 19 2024, 01:03 AM) *

For those who have registered for Okteenerfest but have not received an email containing the password to the attendees list... I was running some tests and found out that messages were held in queue for some reason. Several went out not long ago. Clay... one of them was to you.

So if you registered and have not received an email with event info including the password, check your junk folder if you haven't already. Otherwise, PM me here and I will gladly send it.

See you in the fall,
steve
driving.gif

i registered a month ago for my son and myself but i have not received email.

Phil
OrangeBones
Registered and received the email with password. Thanks Steve!
IronHillRestorations
Registered, booked, and confirmed!

Any golfers coming who would be up for 18 Friday in lieu of the drive? There’s a really nice course nearby Lambert Acres GC

I’m probably going to drive the Panzer (Touareg) and pull a trailer full of 914 parts, as well as golf club's, a couple guitars, and maybe a cajon (drum box) so maybe a little jam??
poorsche914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jul 23 2024, 07:49 AM) *
i registered a month ago for my son and myself but i have not received email.

Phil

You’re both registered.
Not sure what the issue is with the email system but I don’t get notifications for a day or so after a registration has been entered.
Same plugin on another site I run had issues with the payment system.
Very frustrating!

Steve
driving.gif
poorsche914
Thought I better get my LE back on the road.
First sunshine it's seen in 4 years dry.gif

Raby 2056 will be going back in. Hoping everything else still works!

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 17 2024, 08:21 AM) *

Right on. Got to put this on the To-Do list. Did anyone hit me up for sponsorship yet? I dont recall an email.

I thought Steve said he did, if not, I am hitting you up now. I will also shoot you a text.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
Time is running out folks. If you are not registered, please do so. I talked to the host hotel a few minutes ago, there are only 4 rooms left. Better make your reservations today, like, RIGHT NOW!!!

Don't miss out on all the fun this great event has to offer. Tell all your friends and let's party!!!

Shoe
beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Steve, I have a nice give away coming your way. Not giving a gift certificate this year. No one ever used them! Something to hold in your hand and take home this year! Something shiney! ph34r.gif
bahnzai
Thanks Curt! I have a number of your products and they have been great!!
lvnzdrm
Well we just under a month and the weather here in East Tennessee is starting to cool down. Can we get a head count!!! How has what going on to prep for the trip. Should be a great weekend.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 16 2024, 01:03 PM) *

Time is running out folks. If you are not registered, please do so. I talked to the host hotel a few minutes ago, there are only 4 rooms left. Better make your reservations today, like, RIGHT NOW!!!

Don't miss out on all the fun this great event has to offer. Tell all your friends and let's party!!!

Shoe
beerchug.gif

@hot_shoe914

Don, thanks for the reminder i almost forgot to book my room!!! I just got this done i might have snagged one of the last remaining rooms.!

See you all( i hope) in a month --- there is an outside chance i would not be able to make it due to a job change. I am in the middle of interviewing for a new position and i dont have a start date yet- long story but due to lack of congressional funding to the DOD the DHA cut a huge number of contract providers from their payrolls last month so after 21 years i am no longer with in the Sports Med department for Navy/USMC here. BUT if all goes well i may be relocating.... closer to the mountains and closer to dr914 and the "world 914 headquarters"..... so its all kind of up in the air right now.

Hope to see you all in a few weeks

Phil
poorsche914
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Aug 19 2024, 05:03 AM) *
... Can we get a head count!!! ...

77 people registered bringing 47 914s.

I'll be closing registration after this weekend for all you procrastinators bye1.gif

steve
driving.gif
bdstone914
I just registered with my son and grand daughter. Looking forward to seeing old friends and the good times.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 22 2024, 09:31 PM) *
I just registered with my son and grand daughter. Looking forward to seeing old friends and the good times.

Great news, Bruce. Looking forward to seeing you.

steve
driving.gif
TonyA
I just canceled my room so someone else can go. My son and I are bunking with the MOB guys.
poorsche914
Just finished doing color separations and sent the artwork to the printer.

Click to view attachment

The back will contain event info plus the vendor logos aktion035.gif

driving.gif
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 26 2024, 10:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Very Nice!!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 26 2024, 07:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Didn't receive a request for MSDS,inc. sponsorship this year's event...so ??

number40_914.jpg

bdstone914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 27 2024, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 26 2024, 07:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Didn't receive a request for MSDS,inc. sponsorship this year's event...so ??

number40_914.jpg

@hot_shoe914

Come on Donald ! Get with it. poke.gif
DrinkMan
Okteenerfest has already paid for itself with us. I had a list of projects that we have been dragging our feet to complete for the last few years.

With the event fast approaching, we have finally got off our butts and completed quite a few of them. Thanks to Dr Evil, I've improved shifting quite a bit (damn 1st gear) but not quite 100%. Then, we dug out of our project box a bunch of parts that we bought when the problem happened but never got around to it. Finally did the heater lever trim bezel (I can't remember when I bought the part). Today we finally rebuilt the drivers door stay.

May even wash the car - probably not, the drive through the mountains (our route includes Tail of the Dragon) and then the week at the cabin (on a long dirt driveway) will just get the car dirty again.

Can't wait so see all the cars and learn new things.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(DrinkMan @ Aug 28 2024, 12:45 PM) *

Okteenerfest has already paid for itself with us. I had a list of projects that we have been dragging our feet to complete for the last few years.

With the event fast approaching, we have finally got off our butts and completed quite a few of them. Thanks to Dr Evil, I've improved shifting quite a bit (damn 1st gear) but not quite 100%. Then, we dug out of our project box a bunch of parts that we bought when the problem happened but never got around to it. Finally did the heater lever trim bezel (I can't remember when I bought the part). Today we finally rebuilt the drivers door stay.

May even wash the car - probably not, the drive through the mountains (our route includes Tail of the Dragon) and then the week at the cabin (on a long dirt driveway) will just get the car dirty again.

Can't wait so see all the cars and learn new things.

I’m still willing to do an in situ first gear repair in the parking lot if needed. It would be a great tech session. If not your, maybe some else will need it. Gotta find out soon as I need to order parts wink.gif
Dr Evil
Looks like Drinkman is the guy getting his 1st gear done in the parking lot. Runner up is one of Clay's cars. Just ordered the parts, so will be on hand, at the least. This is going to be a ton of fun and I hope everyone can make it to the training session.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.