Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SIX Hand throttle ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
My SIX doesn't have heat and I have this neat litttle red handle sitting there not being used idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif

Has anyone turned the heat lever into a hand throttle for my carbs welder.gif welder.gif smash.gif smash.gif
ClayPerrine
The hard part is not the hand throttle parts themselves. It's finding the bellcrank that attaches to the pedal box. The one on the six has a paddle that points out to the side for the hand throttle rod to press against.

The rest is just a ball stud, a ball socket, a long rod threaded to 4mm x .8 and a L shaped bracket.

michel richard
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Aug 23 2005, 03:58 AM)
The hard part is not the hand throttle parts themselves. It's finding the bellcrank that attaches to the pedal box. The one on the six has a paddle that points out to the side for the hand throttle rod to press against.

Actually, I found that bellcrank very easy to duplicate. Just use a regular /4 bellcrank and tackweld a little plate to the side.
As for the lever, I found that the easiest was to use a 911 or 912 lever. Adapting the heater lever just seemed to be more work.
Michel Richard
john rogers
On my race car I use the heater handle for a hand throttle. I used a section of bicycle brake cable, teflon lined, and it goes in the fire wall where the old heater solid wires came out. I do not use that bellcrank assembly so I just ran the cable up to the regular throttle cable connection. I have an angled piece of aluminum as a stop for the regular throttle cable and drilled a second hole for the hand throttle outer cable. The bike shop carries various ends fior the cable so it will work good. I have to pull the lever up about 20% before it will do anything and it does work amazingly well. Total coat was about $6 or so.
markb
Hmmm, poor man's cruise control..... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.