Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheels Mahle vs Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
As I stated in the seat post, looking at a 914 or two, the one I will most likely get, is an Orange '73 2.0 and I have choice of getting the stamped pseudo sporty steel wheels(Doubtful) or paying another $500 and getting my choice of Mahle or 2.0 liter Fuchs. Both are in good shape, and would get set of 5. I checked it out on the Nifty Aircooled Photoshoppy Thing and am strongly leaning toward the Mahle wheels, which I have always liked. Any considerations aside from pure cosmetics(and getting the right lug nuts)
JWest
The Fuchs are forged and lighter than the Mahles (which are cast). I like both - the Mahles are still a very high quality wheel.

Go with the one you like the looks of better.
markb
I went with the Mahles on the 72.
Joe Ricard
Get both, Mahles for the street and Fuchs for racing.
Well at least thats what I got. Currently started racing with Diamond wheels. 500 a set for 5 wheels ain't to bad for nice examples. hell get both and sell the ones you don't need.
Dibs on your extra set.
Tobra
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 23 2005, 07:48 AM)
Get both, Mahles for the street and Fuchs for racing.

See, now that never even occurred to me, though I don't know if he will sell me both sets of wheels, he needs something for the shell to sit on, though that would be a good use for those railroad ties he has behind his house.

Forged are lighter and stronger, but are they also more brittle? This would be bad for street use, of course.
JWest
QUOTE (Tobra @ Aug 23 2005, 08:04 PM)
Forged are lighter and stronger, but are they also more brittle? This would be bad for street use, of course.

No, forgings are more ductile than castings.
Mueller
QUOTE (James Adams @ Aug 23 2005, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Tobra @ Aug 23 2005, 08:04 PM)
Forged are lighter and stronger, but are they also more brittle?  This would be bad for street use, of course.

No, forgings are more ductile than castings.

which means they "should" bend before breaking...that is a good thing smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.