Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulled motor - What did I miss
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Firts engine removal last night and have two cables still going through the engine bar. I think they are the clutch and speedo cables. Should I have pulled them through before I removed the bar bolts?
tdgray
Ah Yea ohmy.gif

Sorry not to be a smart-a$$. dry.gif

Also, just checking, did you remove the ground strap from the tranny, etc. Double check everything.
type47
it would be better if you did but you will find out as soon as you start to move the engine away from the body that the cables will teather the engine to the body.
maf914
The speedo cable can be disconnected at the transmission. The clutch cable may have to be disconnected at the pedal by removing the pedal board and the access plate on the center tunnel next to the pedals and then pulled out from the rear. In my case the rubber cable sleeve prevented it from being pulled forward through the bar.
Joe Bob
Heater and accel cables, too....
wilchek
spin the spedo cable lose at the tranny. The clutch cable can easily be removed at the tranny also . Just pry the release arm forward and the cable will slide off. the holder. Make sure you get the fuel lines and throttle cable, and heater box cables also. See the info.how/to section on this site
http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_art.php?...b60377b70619452
vesnyder
Pulled the engine away from the car and noted that the two cables were still attached? Can I dismantle both cables on the engine side to get through the engine bar - or do I have to (as someone mentioned) remove from the cockpit/pedal cluster?
Allan
Both cables can be removed from the tranny. Both of them are on the right side...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.