Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't find emission line in engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
agrump
Hi,

I’m converted by car back to FI using the original air cleaner and I want to reconnect the emission hoses but I can’t find them. Where are the lines that connect the engine and air filter to the charcoal canister? I see black plastic lines that connect to the charcoal canister under the front hood but I can’t find the other end in the engine compartment. Where should they be?

Thanks,

Dean
bondo
They run down the driver's side rocker panel and come in at the corner of the engine compartment under the relay board.
dmenche914
The lines in the rocker on driver side are hard black plastic. After they enter the engine bay they should switch to a cloth wraped rubber hose. One goes tot eh air cleaner, the other goes to the small pipe which sticks out fo the cast fan houseing near the battery/spark coil (passenger side of fan house)

If your fan house is from a non-smog car, the fitting might not be there, so a hole will need be drilled and a short metal pipe pressed into the hole to accept the rubber hose. (I have run into fan housings that lacked this port)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.