Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misc Pics of my 3.2 install.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Ken Monihan, who did 95 percent of my install sent me these pics, and I thought I would share.

Ferg
Ferg
DME
Ferg
Mount
Ferg
upandunder
Ferg
mount
Ferg
last one, tranny linkage
736conver
Looks good. I am about two weeks away from starting my 3.2 conversion. Any tips?
DougC
Thanks for the pics Mike, what's the glowing green items in the picture of the engine (upside down one)? I need to flip that pic 180 degrees so I can make out the plumbing set-up.

Doug C

Ferg
QUOTE (736conver @ Aug 23 2005, 11:01 AM)
Looks good. I am about two weeks away from starting my 3.2 conversion. Any tips?

Have someone who knows what they are doing, convert the wiring laugh.gif . That would have been my biggest hurdle had I done this myself.

If I had the time and space, I would have attempted this process myself, (easy to say now rolleyes.gif ) but I had a newborn and a house move so it was not a option.

That and the airbox/filter was a slight mod to make it work. You can see my custom mount under the airfilter.

Good luck, and if you need any specific pics during your install don't hesitate to ask.

Ferg

Ferg
The green is some sort of sealant used during the rebuild. I forgot the name.

Ferg.
BMartin914
Mike-

Sorry for the hijack. Is that your wagon in your avatar? Never saw you as a land yacht kinda guy. confused24.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Aug 23 2005, 11:19 AM)
Mike-

Sorry for the hijack. Is that your wagon in your avatar? Never saw you as a land yacht kinda guy.  :confused:

ahh, I was waiting for someone to ask, that's Jezebel the war wagon. Kinda a family owned car (I have a close group of friends in boulder, it is/was our racing transport car)
She's shared and maintained by all. She holds nine bikes, or 8 and a tandem. I'm a huge wagon guy... 60's and 70's muscle car wagon's wub.gif .
brant
Nice pics mike.
I'm gonna share them with dad.

here is the rotation:
Ferg
Thanks for the flip Brant.

Doug, the lines you see in the above pic at the right rear of motor lead to my oil cooler above the pass side driveshaft.

Ferg
BMartin914
QUOTE (Ferg @ Aug 23 2005, 11:27 AM)
I'm a huge wagon guy...

And that's one HUGE wagon! Rock on Mike! aktion035.gif
siverson
> Doug, the lines you see in the above pic at the right rear of motor lead to my oil cooler above the pass side driveshaft. Ferg

I don't understand what is going on there... Why two lines? Are you doing:

tank->engine->cooler->engine->tank?

It should be:

tank->engine->cooler->tank

-Steve
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (siverson @ Aug 23 2005, 02:41 PM)
> Doug, the lines you see in the above pic at the right rear of motor lead to my oil cooler above the pass side driveshaft. Ferg

It should be:

-Steve

and it looks like -10???
Ferg
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 23 2005, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (siverson @ Aug 23 2005, 02:41 PM)

It should be:

-Steve

and it looks like -10???

those lines are -12's i'm pretty sure. As for the oil flow order, I'm gonna have to stick my head under there tonight and get a grasp on it again before I try and explain it. wacko.gif

Ferg
brant
I'm not mike, nor do I play him on T.V.

but I think I can explain.
mike has a rear mounted aux cooler.

So I think the lines are out of motor to rear cooler, out of rear cooler and back along stock location to wrap around front of motor and then tank

correct order of things.

brant
Ferg
I think the line with the 90 out of the case, is my engine to cooler, then oil returns to the tank via the long wrapped hard line running towards the front makes a 90 and goes to the tank, but this is by memory. I'll check and take pics when I get home.

Ferg.

or what Brant said biggrin.gif
siverson
Ahh - ooops. That does sound right. From the picture, it looks like both lines are connected to the long tube from the engine oil output, but now I see how one is in and one is out.

-Steve
soloracer
QUOTE (Ferg @ Aug 23 2005, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Aug 23 2005, 11:19 AM)
Mike-

Sorry for the hijack. Is that your wagon in your avatar? Never saw you as a land yacht kinda guy.  :confused:

ahh, I was waiting for someone to ask, that's Jezebel the war wagon. Kinda a family owned car (I have a close group of friends in boulder, it is/was our racing transport car)
She's shared and maintained by all. She holds nine bikes, or 8 and a tandem. I'm a huge wagon guy... 60's and 70's muscle car wagon's wub.gif .

Your last name wouldn't happen to be Griswald would it? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.