Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late model Blue wire with Yellow stripe Dash location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINKERGINEERING
First 3 pics:
This has a small mental female blade connector and goes back to the white cylinder connector behind the firewall.
under the dash near the Gagues, where does this connect to?
Not on the diagram

Last 3 pics of Bezel:
also the two lights on the instrument gauge bezel
I am missing 1 of them but what do they mean and what's the one I am missing?

Basically, what are these and what do I label them?

Thanks! Frances
L-Jet914
Catalytic converter temperature warning light and EGR reminder light. The 4 pin connector goes to the EGR/Cat timer box.
saladin
@TINKERGINEERING hopefully the below service manual current flow drawings clarify the connections.

Ken

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
To answer the questions, what L-Jet914 and Saladin posted gets you there.

The blue/yellow wire attaches to a CAT light on the dash which you are missing. The EGR and CAT lights merely indicated when these items needed servicing.

These are all components of the 1975-76 CA-only model, both 1.8L and 2.0L, that requires an EGR valve and catalytic converter for emissions. The CAT circuitry starts with a sensor to the CAT, and logic box 'relay' at the drivers side tailight area of the chassis harness, not shown in the photos above.

More info here: https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Emissions.htm
saladin
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 25 2024, 06:48 AM) *

To answer the questions, what L-Jet914 and Saladin posted gets you there.

The blue/yellow wire attaches to a CAT light on the dash which you are missing. The EGR and CAT lights merely indicated when these items needed servicing.

These are all components of the 1975-76 CA-only model, both 1.8L and 2.0L, that requires an EGR valve and catalytic converter for emissions. The CAT circuitry starts with a sensor to the CAT, and logic box 'relay' at the drivers side tailight area of the chassis harness, not shown in the photos above.

More info here: https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Emissions.htm

@JeffBowlsby Is the J⁴² labeled as a relay for catalyst temperature control shown in the diagram the logic box 'relay' you mentioned; given the T⁴ connector is labeled as a quadruple cable connector in the rear luggage compartment and the G²⁰ is labeled as the catalyst temperature sensor which I assume is in the catalytic converter?

Ken
JeffBowlsby

@JeffBowlsby Is the J⁴² labeled as a relay for catalyst temperature control shown in the diagram the logic box 'relay' you mentioned; given the T⁴ connector is labeled as a quadruple cable connector in the rear luggage compartment and the G²⁰ is labeled as the catalyst temperature sensor which I assume is in the catalytic converter?

Ken

Yes, exactly.
SirAndy
So in short, she doesn't need any of these on her car.
biggrin.gif

TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 25 2024, 12:36 PM) *

So in short, she doesn't need any of these on her car.
biggrin.gif

yep there's that too haaa
TINKERGINEERING
not on my diagram
Thanks for these print outs
I am printing and saving. I want to get the CAT bezel light button just to have it there. may need to add some other meaning to it eventually.
Hey thanks for all the responses and so fast.
914World is amazing
Chris914n6
EGR - Energy Gone, Recharge (low watts)
CAT - Charging Amongst Teslas (charge in process)

biggrin.gif

In case you didn't know, Tesla Superchargers is the only network that's populous, reliable and constantly maintained enough to make EV practical. The others are essentially a bad gamble.
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 25 2024, 08:29 PM) *

EGR - Energy Gone, Recharge (low watts)
CAT - Charging Amongst Teslas (charge in process)

biggrin.gif

In case you didn't know, Tesla Superchargers is the only network that's populous, reliable and constantly maintained enough to make EV practical. The others are essentially a bad gamble.

Ohh perfect. Next time someone asks these are the responses now. Haa
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ May 24 2024, 09:35 PM) *

Catalytic converter temperature warning light and EGR reminder light. The 4 pin connector goes to the EGR/Cat timer box.

The previous DC build guy removed all combustion bits.. Apearently including this sensor module. now the plug makes sense
thanks for the great pic.
Frances
Dad gave a thumbs up too bye1.gif
rick 918-S
I was on youtube wanting to see where you are at on your project but only came across a 1 year old video of a news reel. Any newer videos? Your getting closer to getting your license?
Geezer914
I wired the cat light to my oil cooler fan. The light comes on when the fan is running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.