Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
1: Is it unheard of to have a stretched-out advance spring, so when the mechanical advance is full-out, the weights contact the case? I think this is the rattle metal sound I hear.

2: I have Falken ZE-502 tires...they recommend a 44PSI pressure when cold, but the sidewall sways.....

can i run a higher pressure, and what is that recommendation?
Joe Bob
Hey Beavis.... blink.gif I still have those two dizzys sitting on the shelf. Sent the serial number(s) awhile back.
Joe Ricard
In order to get get maximum advance having the counter wieghts hitting the the inside edges of the body is a good thing. (more advance.

Sure you can put more air in your tires just set the automatic shut off a little higher. Gas mileage will increase you will go faster with less rolling resistance

spank.gif
lapuwali
There are usually stops in place to prevent the weights from moving "too far".

Useful tire pressure is related (among many other factors) to load. A 3000lb car with four fat people in it will require a higher pressure than a 2000lb car with one beanpole driving. The pressure on the sidewall is pressure for maximum rated load. 44psi sounds very high to me, but I've not used Falkens, so I can't say if that's too high.
bd1308
laugh.gif Beavis....

okay, lemme dig through my pm's....

i was just wondering if this could happen...
Mueller
for the dizzy...not sure, just pop the cap off and see if you can swing them out to hit the case....

I wouldn't fool around with the tire pressure....there is a reason it's recommended...too much and "boom" wacko.gif
bd1308
okay

and figured so
Joe Ricard
Do you sit around and Really think this shit up? just to "post whore" the board.

With that many posts you should have a running car that is concourse prefect and winning races. Then fall back on the no money honey sob story?

I'm sure someday you will graduate college and make bucket loads of money more than me.

But you know there have been SOO MANY people here who try and help you. Geez dude.

Ok I'm done and yes my chain is tired of being yanked.
Rouser
1: OK, I've never heard of that happening (the weights are limited as to how far they'll swing), but you're starting to prove that ANYTHING'S possible. My opinion is I would search elsewhere.

2: 44 PSI?! Woah, your car must ride like crap, loosening your fillings and darting about on every seam and cockroach you run over! And you wanna go higher? Sidewalls are gonna flex some (they'd better, with your '70's suspension), unless you're going for a nostalgic Schwinn ride.

If you think it's the distributor, get a rebuilt unit. Try 26-27 PSI all around and see how it handles, unless your Dad's a dentist.
bd1308
my dad is a oral surgeon actually.

joe i'm not yanking NOTHING of yours...

alright, i'm out.

i had enough.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 23 2005, 02:43 PM)
my dad is a oral surgeon actually.

joe i'm not yanking NOTHING of yours...

alright, i'm out.

i had enough.

improper grammar -

im not yanking *anything* of yours - would be correct.

bd1308
then you can fix it, admin

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.