Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: negative stripes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sportlicherFahrer
Just got my negative stipes in the mail and am wondering about spacing on the bottom between the decal and bottom of the body. Does the sticker go totally flush to that edge, or is ther a 1/4 inch spacing or something?
AZ914
I don't have the 'official' information but perhaps search the forum for a bumble-bee or creamsicle limited edition for a sample. I'd say a good 3/4 - 1"

My car had the stripe (and other stuff) before I stripped it. Here is a pic of my car with the stripe circa 1990

AZ914
holy crap, that came out huge... ohmy.gif
Joe Bob
Most of the side stripes were installed by lot boys at the dealership and have been replaced over the years. Except for the LEs AFIK....

Accepted placement is 1 inch above the door bottom. side to side is up to the installer, most wrap the edges over into the wheel wells. I've seen the "O" cut in the middle on one side and the "H" on the other.

The pic above shows it trimmed shorter...that car did not come from the factory that stripe or wheels.

Your car, you do what YOU like.
Aaron Cox
i like positves on the rockers.... biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
The Source for LE stripe placement is Jeff Bowlsby.

Here is what he has on his web site
914 LE Side Stripe

914 Limited Edition side stripe installation:  Careful study of the 914 LE cars on this website indicates a multitude of possible ways that the side stripes have be installed by various owners, many of which are incorrect!  The only photographs of original cars on this website with original stripes are VIN 16502 on the 914 LE Registry and the 914 GT poster car which suggest the following side stripe installation criteria:

1.  Locate bottom edge of the stripes 3/4 inches (18mm) above the lowest horizontal crease line of the body.

2.  CENTER letters between the wheel wells (not off-center and not centered on the door).  This locates the rear edge of the drivers door through the letter ‘H’ and the rear edge of the passenger door through the letter ‘O’.

3.  Extend side stripe ends fully into the wheel wells all the way to the edge of the sheet metal and trim, do not terminate them short of the wheel wells, on the outer body panels before the raised fender lip.

If you have not already been to Jeff's site, I recommend a visit: Link
wilchek
if you need me to measure let me know
wilchek
From what I know these are original

passanger side
Joe Bob
This one is missing rockers....
Joe Bob
Positive and negative....
Joe Bob
The Legend, The Rocket....
user posted image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 23 2005, 08:10 PM)
The Legend, The Rocket....
user posted image

rocket on an ortega run?
Joe Bob
Yup July 1, 2000....sold it 2 weeks later. Still kicking myself.
sportlicherFahrer
thanks guys! I ended up goin about 1/2 inch up. the auto atlanta decals are too short to install correctly, but they still look decent. a little dark right now, but ill try to throw up some pics tomorrow.
messix
mine are way incorrect
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.