Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Oil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rditech
Hi i am lookingfor help in finding the best (or better) motor oil. I was going to go to a mobil 1 synth, but am not sure wich weigh to use. Some say 5/30 to get on the walls faster/ some say 10/30 because its air cooled. I'm at a loss/please help.
ryan
porschecb
QUOTE (rditech @ Aug 23 2005, 03:04 PM)
Hi i am lookingfor help in finding the best (or better) motor oil. I was going to go to a mobil 1 synth, but am not sure wich weigh to use. Some say 5/30 to get on the walls faster/ some say 10/30 because its air cooled. I'm at a loss/please help.
ryan

I have never used anything but Castrol 20-50.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (porschecb @ Aug 23 2005, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (rditech @ Aug 23 2005, 03:04 PM)
Hi i am lookingfor help in finding the best (or better) motor oil.  I was going to go to a mobil 1 synth, but am not sure wich weigh to use. Some say 5/30 to get on the walls faster/ some say 10/30 because its air cooled. I'm at a loss/please help.
ryan

I have never used anything but Castrol 20-50.

Yup....me too.

Synthetic causes more leaks on air cooled cars than dino oil....dino is cheaper....why waste money?
BMartin914
This has got to come up as a topic of discussion every other week.

Not to seem like an asshole but do a search for oil or motor oil and you will get more than enough information to help you make a sound decision.
qa1142
Castrol 20-50 or straight 40 HD in hot weather. Change it every 1500 miles.
rditech
Thanks for the quick replies. I did a search for oil/motor oil and engine oil before i asked. This was fast and gave me many opinions quickly.
Do not ever appologize for being or sounding like an asshole...just don't be one wink.gif
tat2dphreak
search engine is finicky... shange the date to "any date" and use "AND" between words... this comes up A LOT!!! I use Valvoline full Synthetic. 20-50
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.