Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Rockers and front and rear valances
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
longballa
Hey guys, I'm building 2 914-6 GT's and was wondering what's the go to source for the front and rear valance and rockers to match the GT flares? Getty? Auto Atlanta? PMB?Was thinking of doing it all in metal but that's a lot of work. Thanks, -Scott
rick 918-S
Don't have an answer but welcome.png
mepstein
Ben/MB911 makes steel flared ends for the rear valance and the rockers. If he is out of the rocker additions, I have an extra set.

@MB911
Steve
Getty design and American international racing (air)
mb911
I have rear rocker flares cheap. Side rockers I currently don’t make. Unfortunately no margin on them
racer914
I'm using Ben's flared ends on the rockers which came out nice with some work and the front valence from AIR which is not very good. The part just didn't fit well which seems to be the norm for today's fiberglass parts but I'm making it work with some effort.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Getty design makes the best front and rear valances and rocker panels.

these days it is impossibly hard to get a good fiberglass man. We have SUPERB molds sitting here in our warehouse buy our fiberglass man retired. Hence we are dependent on the guys who have made them for years, AIR, GT Racing, and Getty Design

QUOTE(longballa @ Jun 6 2024, 02:05 PM) *

Hey guys, I'm building 2 914-6 GT's and was wondering what's the go to source for the front and rear valance and rockers to match the GT flares? Getty? Auto Atlanta? PMB?Was thinking of doing it all in metal but that's a lot of work. Thanks, -Scott

longballa
Thank you for the responses! I really would like to do it in metal.
longballa
I would like to buy those from you. My email is srlongballa@gmail.com Thank you.
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 6 2024, 04:31 PM) *

Ben/MB911 makes steel flared ends for the rear valance and the rockers. If he is out of the rocker additions, I have an extra set.

@MB911

longballa
Have any of you guys made a front valance out of metal for GT flares and cooler cut out?
Shivers
QUOTE(longballa @ Jun 10 2024, 03:38 PM) *

So far I have done the rear. Not a bad job.

Click to view attachment

Literati914
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 10 2024, 06:28 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hey Shivers, I love the custom rear valance! Swear to G..goodness I've been planning the same and would be incorporating a venting section from an old vw. I did something very similar (but not as nice as yours) at the front end of my '71 Volvo P1800 a few years ago. I stole that idea from a nicely modded Mercedes gullwing. Anyway good job - I'd love to see it all painted up - got a build thread?
mb911
Looks good. If there is enough interest I will consider another run of rocker flares.
longballa
I will buy at least 3 sets.
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 11 2024, 03:35 AM) *

Looks good. If there is enough interest I will consider another run of rocker flares.

mb911
QUOTE(longballa @ Jun 12 2024, 08:10 PM) *

I will buy at least 3 sets.
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 11 2024, 03:35 AM) *

Hmm tempting let me work on these. I want to improve them
mm911
QUOTE(longballa @ Jun 6 2024, 04:05 PM) *

I have a set of steel rocker panels flares I did not use. p m sent
Shivers
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jun 10 2024, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 10 2024, 06:28 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hey Shivers, I love the custom rear valance! Swear to G..goodness I've been planning the same and would be incorporating a venting section from an old vw. I did something very similar (but not as nice as yours) at the front end of my '71 Volvo P1800 a few years ago. I stole that idea from a nicely modded Mercedes gullwing. Anyway good job - I'd love to see it all painted up - got a build thread?

Thank you. No build thread yet, I post all this stuff in the "What did you do to..." thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.