Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 914-6 3.0 Swap running & driving video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RichPugh
No tach yet, waiting on new oil pressure sender, half the interior is still out, and my front bumper pad flew off on a back road... but she sounds healthy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8OP5nji7M
emerygt350
Sounds great!
mate914
QUOTE(RichPugh @ Jun 6 2024, 07:23 PM) *

No tach yet, waiting on new oil pressure sender, half the interior is still out, and my front bumper pad flew off on a back road... but she sounds healthy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8OP5nji7M

I like it!
Matt
jim_hoyland
Nice smile.gif
Shivers
That was fun, sounds great.
mb911
Congratulations sounds amazing
RichPugh
Thanks everyone! Was trying to wait til all my gauges were operational to put some real miles on it but I think she’s roadworthy. Gonna try to put the interior back together later today. I eliminated the center console so I need a center hump carpet piece and I’m considering the JWest shifter. I also need. New front bumper rubber top pad so I'll order that soon too.
PanelBilly
Sounds great. You're going to need some ear plugs for those longer drives
technicalninja
Mechanical NIRVANA!

Sounds GREAT!

That throaty howl!

You're going to need a good attorney...

Traffic tickets are in your future. ninja.gif
Root_Werks
Sounds great!

That first drive after you get everything sorted enough to actually take your 914 out on the road is unmatched.

All the little stuff seems to take forever.
IronHillRestorations
ROCK AND ROLL!!! aktion035.gif

Not to get too personal…oh well why not? Did you get wood?? lol-2.gif
scrz914
What are your first impressions of the torque/horsepower compared to the stock 4 cylinder engine?
RichPugh
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jun 7 2024, 07:30 PM) *

What are your first impressions of the torque/horsepower compared to the stock 4 cylinder engine?

Low RPMs like just casually putting around below 3500 rpm, light throttle, it feels pretty similar, actually. I was always impressed with the 2.0 torque, but after about 3500 rpm, heavy to full throttle, it’s a different machine. It just keeps pulling, and the induction sound of PMO TBI is pretty great. I didn’t do anything to the engine when I bought it. It’s a 123k mile stock SC 3.0 that leaks just as much as it did when it was pulled, lol. But with 40mm PMO throttle bodies, on Rasant management and some 1.5” primary heat exchangers. Nothing with huge power addition but I feel good about it smile.gif

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jun 7 2024, 07:02 PM) *

ROCK AND ROLL!!! aktion035.gif

Not to get too personal…oh well why not? Did you get wood?? lol-2.gif

Hahahahaa… I can’t confirm nor deny this.
rick 918-S
Nice!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and another: 3.6: http://www.autoatlanta.com/TheMachine/
Krieger
Awesome! Running through the gears is addictive aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jun 8 2024, 01:54 AM) *

Mechanical NIRVANA!

Sounds GREAT!

That throaty howl!

You're going to need a good attorney...

Traffic tickets are in your future. ninja.gif

Nah they all sound like that ,don't confuse cabin noise with the exhaust ,if a fairly stock muffler or oem 911 unit its not that loud outside the car ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.