Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 2.0 with stock exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
Took a video climbing up a hill today so you can hear what my stock exhaust sounds like. Well, barely hear what my stock exhaust sounds like. I was mostly around 3-5k during this drive.

https://youtu.be/-q61ZUQ4odc

here it was with the old ANSA
https://youtu.be/TgNQxDEYmS0?t=107
Montreal914
Great improvement! smile.gif
Sounds like a 914 again!
Root_Werks
Sounds good to me. Would rather be able to talk than hear exhaust note.
Shivers
Aaaaah, well it sounds like my 914 when I got it. In 1983 I bought an Anza, really heavy but sounded great. Loud. The Anza rusted out at the mufflers. sad.gif But I had a Monza for a 75-76 which is a lot lighter, cut hacked and welded the two together and presto, an exaust that looks like the old one, tucked up a little higher, breathes better and is really quite quiet with the monza mufflers. I put it on the car and started it, and for a few seconds I was wondering what that top end noise was. Tapets, it was my tapets that I had not heard in ages because the Anza was soooo loud. Maybe a Monza is what you are looking for. Thanks for sharing, I still in the pile of parts phase

@emerygt350
emerygt350
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 7 2024, 10:13 AM) *

Aaaaah, well it sounds like my 914 when I got it. In 1983 I bought an Anza, really heavy but sounded great. Loud. The Anza rusted out at the mufflers. sad.gif But I had a Monza for a 75-76 which is a lot lighter, cut hacked and welded the two together and presto, an exaust that looks like the old one, tucked up a little higher, breathes better and is really quite quiet with the monza mufflers. I put it on the car and started it, and for a few seconds I was wondering what that top end noise was. Tapets, it was my tapets that I had not heard in ages because the Anza was soooo loud. Maybe a Monza is what you are looking for. Thanks for sharing, I still in the pile of parts phase

@emerygt350

Same thing happened to mine. Thinking about doing what you did. It so easy to swap exhausts, no reason not to have two...
friethmiller
Where did you mount your camera for this? Curious.
emerygt350
Just a suction cup mount on the rear window. It's a cheap Amazon GoPro knock off camera.
Craigers17
I must be the odd guy out, I thought it sounded better when it was louder. That said, I don't love the looks of the ansa dual exhaust either.....I had one on a previous 914 and "86'd"it.....it was also heavy.
emerygt350
I really do like the sound of the ansa, and the look works with the chalon, but inside the car was a little loud.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.