Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Florida Heat & Car Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Osnabruck914
Needed all the space in my small garage to do a project for the wife the other day, so I had to park the 914 out on my Florida-sun-drenched driveway, under a car cover. When I was done, I uncovered the car to put it back in the garage and could not believe how hot the 914's body was from the sun, even protected by the cover. Got out my laser thermometer and measured 146 degrees Fahrenheit at the top and sides of the targa bar! Could have fried an egg on it. The rest of the body was 138-140 degrees and its a white car! Guess I need a better type of car cover, maybe something reflective? Any recommendations out there?

On the plus side, it sure is easy to start my dual-carbed 2.0 in this kind of heat. No hesitation whatsoever on start/warm up smile.gif

Osnbruck914

mlindner
If your car cover breaths, drop the windows down 1/3. Florida is getting hotter. Best, Mark
technicalninja
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 11 2024, 02:05 PM) *

If your car cover breaths, drop the windows down 1/3. Florida is getting hotter. Best, Mark

This guy MISSED a sales opportunity.

I had him build an "umbrella" cover out of light grey/silver for EXACTLY this problem.

Haven't tried it yet but it looks NICE!

You should order one yourself!
windforfun
Get a reflective cover and keep the windows open. Put a reflective dashboard cover in the car too. You might want to make sure your tires are covered too. Getting rain now? Don’t let the inside get wet.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
windforfun
Keep the car dry!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.