Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: North Florida Forumite needs to ride in a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McLovin
Yep, so the topic is...how can I find forumites in area?

I need a ride in a 914 to keep myself inspired. Only drove/rode in one for 5 minutes.
friethmiller
QUOTE(McLovin @ Jun 12 2024, 12:19 PM) *

I need a ride in a 914 to keep myself inspired. Only drove/rode in one for 5 minutes.

@McLovin - I wish I had thought of doing this. I purchased my first 914 completely disassembled in 2018 and waited until 2022 before ever driving it. I had never been in one, driven one, nothing. It was a glorious first drive, let me tell you. aktion035.gif

I'm sure someone local might be able to facilitate your request.
Good Luck!
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(McLovin @ Jun 12 2024, 01:19 PM) *

Go to Okteenerfest!

Literati914
@McLovin If I were you, I'd get your 914 up and running and then put together or at least attempt to put together a 'Fl. 914 group' .. host get togethers and drives, arrange meet ups... 'cause I can think of a few forum members off the top of my head, yet nobody's stepping up to say 'Hey' or offer a welcome. I hope to get back to Fl. permanently myself soon and hope there's such a group when that happens. Good luck.
popcorn[1].gif

Osnabruck914
Here in Florida, 914s are far and few between. I'm in Pinellas County that has almost a million population and I know of personally only 3 other 914s. There are probably more, hidden in garages, but there is no interaction among owners. There is such a dearth of these cars it would probably be impossible to organize a Florida club of any substance. It's really a sad situation.

Osnabruck914
sixaddict
So I have a hotrod 914-6 in my garage in Panama City Beach. Now in my son’s name but here for some work for months ….operational but still have something ps to do.
Would be happy to take you for a ride if you are in the area. Rough ride though intentionally.
Two blocks away a long time PCA guy has a very nice 2 liter 74 ….i think.
I know of a couple more in Destin but both inop.
Suspect there may be some in Jacksonville …
Restoring a real six but it’s currently in metalwork purgatory.
Click to view attachment
McLovin
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jun 14 2024, 07:39 PM) *

So I have a hotrod 914-6 in my garage in Panama City Beach. Now in my son’s name but here for some work for months ….operational but still have something ps to do.
Would be happy to take you for a ride if you are in the area. Rough ride though intentionally.
Two blocks away a long time PCA guy has a very nice 2 liter 74 ….i think.
I know of a couple more in Destin but both inop.
Suspect there may be some in Jacksonville …
Restoring a real six but it’s currently in metalwork purgatory.
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the offer. Definitely interested, but not sure when I'll get out that way, but I may have to make the trip out of sheer desperation. Just trying to stay motivated long enough to get mine on the road. If I can get it driving, I have a ride. smile.gif Anyway, I used to have to travel that way for work...mostly down I-10 though...but I got promoted and now I mostly sit behind a desk. If I can shake loose, I'll definitely drop you a line, though your 6 banger might spoil me.

Hmmm...a Florida club or meetup sounds cool. If I can get mine on the road, I might be up to the challenge of organizing something. Maybe somewhere central like Gainesville or Ocala.

Lof8
I'm jumping in this thread, since I'm in Florida too (Bradenton). My car is currently under the knife, but I'd love to meet up with a FL crew one day when I have it running. I know there are a few 914s running around Jacksonville. One of them documents some upgrades on youtube (barfoot garage Jax)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.