Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I felt like a pin cushion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
About 2 weeks ago I had the pleasure of waking up to a full blown gout attack. pain like I never knew existed. Primary care physician draws a sample from the joint of my left big toe, results back, yeap gout.

Massive doses of NSAIDS barely attenuate the pain.

So hobbling around for two weeks, eating the gout friendly food etc, my foot still hurts

I have friends that have had luck with ti, so I tried acupuncture, and damn if Im not feeling better after my first treatment

I have almost full range of motion in my left foot again..

Funny thing is I was lying on the table watching the needles being placed, I was wondering how many needles she stuck in my arms legs feet toe, I guess about 30.. anyway I just though my foot looked like a big pin cushion. red and with needles sticking out of it

This message will self destruct in 30 minutes
TimT
I wish I had my camera with me.... I know how you love pics lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
sucks to have gout.... but awesome that acupuncture works!
scottb
my wife has had sciatic pain since her teens.

recent exacerbation about 18 months ago was entirely unresponsive to physical therapy. we had to cancel a vacation with friends and she was miserable.

she went to an acupuncturist on recommendation from my boss, a very pragmatic guy. the treatments provided nearly immediate relief and ongoing improvement following only 8 sessions.

pt only made her pain worse. acupuncture made her structural issues nearly non-existent.
dmenche914
Doing accupuntion in my head for the last four months, it is called Dr. Zhu's scalp accupunture (look it up on Google) this guy is ahighly trained master he is also a nueraoligist, nice combination. I keep the pins in my head day and night and change them twice a week. he also placed pins in my hands (upto 50 in each hand) and chest and feet, all to give relief to cronic reflex ympathetic dystropy (major nearve damge) He has been very helpful. I highly recommend him, he has literally restored blindness in someone I knows daughter, all in six visist use scalp accupuntor (which is near totally painless, even more so than body accupunture),

i hope and pray this works, I have had multibe spinal nerve block (ouch!!) but he effect only last for days or a week.

I have been unadle to work on my 914 which has like me been laid up for 22 months. that really sucks, i need pain meds just to type on the computer. Both hands are shot. just washing eh car can throw me into pain lasting over a day, hands on fire kind of thing.

Anyway wish me luckand prayers in recovery (it is doubtful but I will not give up ever till I die)

Had some friend start helping by putting my 914 backtogether with me watching, very kind of them, but also sad and fustrating to me. I ahnd them a tool, and just doing that burns my hands with fire, themmore meds, and the brain becomes mush. not too many good options. life, death, time, thoughts, all can be lost or messed up.

Trekkor
I went to a Chinese acupuncturist and herbal guy for my tendonitis symptoms.

Worked well, needles didn't hurt, herbs really stunk bad and his English was so bad I couldn't understand anything he said, so I just had to hope... lol2.gif

I'll go back when I need to.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.