914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LUX-PIERRE
Hi guys

unsure.gif
how to remove the windshield molding for 914

Thanks.

Peter.
rick 918-S
There are 19 plastic clips that hold the fragile trim. Slide a razor blade between the windshield frame/cowl top panel and the trim and cut the clips off. The clips are available but the trim is not. Don't try a windshield trim tool. You may get some of the clips loose but bending up the trim is almost certain.
friethmiller
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 14 2024, 06:31 AM) *

There are 19 plastic clips that hold the fragile trim. Slide a razor blade between the windshield frame/cowl top panel and the trim and cut the clips off. The clips are available but the trim is not. Don't try a windshield trim tool. You may get some of the clips loose but bending up the trim is almost certain.

agree.gif 100%
76-914
An aftermarket trim is available. I just installed it last month. I forget the vendor presently but I'm sure I kept the receipt. beerchug.gif
technicalninja
Thanks for posting!

This was a question I was going to ask when I removed mine.

Now I don't have to.
rick 918-S
Come to think of it Mark at 914rubber had some sets made I think.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the razor blade works great, we have at least ten new windshield anodized trim kits in stock along with the windshield installation kit, we even have new aftermarket windshields now!!!! If you need tech advice we install the windshields and trim at least once a week in our 914 service shop
burton73
I have a new windshield anodized trim kits in my 6 ( number 41) from Auto Atlanta that I bought several years ago, and it is perfect. The hard part is the shipping of these parts. They need a huge box because of the shape. They bend if you look at them funny.

Good hunting

Best Bob B
porschetub
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 16 2024, 06:12 AM) *

I have a new windshield anodized trim kits in my 6 ( number 41) from Auto Atlanta that I bought several years ago, and it is perfect. The hard part is the shipping of these parts. They need a huge box because of the shape. They bend if you look at them funny.

Good hunting

Best Bob B

They bend easy if they are used ,if you cut the clips do several test fits to make sure they fit ok before as removing with the new clips you are back to square one.
Bought my roller with a new screen and clips ,was a nervous time when I was happy with used trim and finally clipped them on , but have some rust popping out after 4yrs on drivers side...as mentioned back to square one .
As Bob mentioned shipping is an issue for a new set, to get to my side of the world is mental,we have a very strong classic car following in my country so as mine are a bit rough may prep them and get them refinished ...most likely cheaper.
Cheers.
mb911
Just make sure to use Porsche clips when reinstalling the aftermarket ones break easier than a balsa wood airplane
LUX-PIERRE
Ok

Ok thank you, I understand! I thought the clips were made of steel?
but how to put the clips back without removing the windshield?
mb911
QUOTE(LUX-PIERRE @ Jun 17 2024, 03:04 AM) *

Ok

Not sure it can be done
rick 918-S
QUOTE(LUX-PIERRE @ Jun 17 2024, 06:04 AM) *

Ok

There is or should be enough space around the glass to install new clips without removing the glass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.