Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 2024, 9/14/2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
9/14/2024 is purpose built just for us 914 owners because it is conveniently on a Saturday this year. How about we celebrate the 914 and our camaraderie by declaring it "Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 2024" to promote our cars and community by coordinating 914 Breakfasts or similar events wherever 914 owners can get together locally on that day? Yes @wonkipop, even in North Antarctica sunglasses.gif . Smaller communities may have just a couple of attendees at one location, where larger communities may have several larger attendance events at different locations, all happening concurrently on 9/14/2024.

Organizing a breakfast only requires a minimum amount of work. A local organizer (that could be you) selects and coordinates with a local restaurant or venue (need good parking for the group to park together!) to hold the event. Don't be shy or hesitate waiting for someone else to step up to the task, break out of your comfort zone. Maybe a couple of local buddies can team up to lead, you decide. Post the details in a dedicated thread for your local event here on 914World and possibly related venues. Put flyers on loner 914 owners cars you find in the wild to draw them into the fold. Attendees can then post to the local event thread before and after the event. Maybe your event morphs into a 914 Beach Brunch or a 914 dinner or 914 pancake breakfast/swap meet or features a local twisty roads drive....you decide what it wants to be. Attendees, post lots of photos!

When starting an individual local event thread - title them "Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 2024 - [event location]" to coordinate and identify them for everyone's convenience.

We have 3 months from today to put this together...plenty of time to adjust those valves and change the oil.

What is the interest level for this and if it works for you, who wants to take charge of your local 914 Porsche Day event? You don't need further permission, just get it done.
tygaboy
I love stuff like this. We have a decent count of 914s in the North Bay and can probably pull off a breakfast - and maybe a follow-on drive? Let me noodle on a plan and I'll get back to you.
Geezer914
I live in Quinton, NJ. (just outside of Salem). Any 914 owners in South Jersey, Northern DE., and South East PA., to plan a get together?
SirAndy
piratenanner.gif
ValcoOscar
Great idea...

My wife and I can host a breakfast and a local scenic drive that day.

(LA/OC/IE & SD)

"SoCal Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 2024"

Oscar
VegasRacer
Red Rock Classic.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 14 2024, 08:56 AM) *

Great idea...

Oscar

Sounds great Oscar!

For consistency of the thread titles how about:

"Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 2024 - SoCal (LA/OC/IE & SD)"
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 14 2024, 09:35 AM) *

Yep John...That works. I hope to attend the Red Rock Classic someday.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jun 14 2024, 07:49 AM) *

I live in Quinton, NJ. (just outside of Salem). Any 914 owners in South Jersey, Northern DE., and South East PA., to plan a get together?

Sometimes you just have to build it and they will come...
914dave
We will have a large contingent in Townsend Tennessee for Okteenerfest!
StarBear
A fair number here in North Jersey, Morristown area. Great idea!
Will start the ball….
wonkipop
@JeffBowlsby

i'll see what i can do.

dates written 14/9/2024 down here in north antarctica. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jun 14 2024, 03:34 PM) *
dates written 14/9/2024 down here in north antarctica. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

149 sounds like a Fiat, close enough ...
biggrin.gif
bandjoey
Already too many east coast/west coast events that are a long drive away. How about a Mid US Event. It's been a long time and even a weekend would be a fun time.
JeffBowlsby
What is proposed is just a simple local 914 breakfast or similar on 9/14/2024, not a major event requiring a long drive and hotel rooms. No major inconvenience to your regular schedule is the point. Organize it local to your location and see who shows up.
914Toy

Great idea...

(LA/OC/IE & SD)

Oscar

I am planning on it, thanks Oscar.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 14 2024, 05:03 PM) *

We will have a large contingent in Townsend Tennessee for Okteenerfest!

will also be celebrating my 914's 52nd birthday on the 13th. birthday.gif

Sept 13 1972 45th chassis. (NR 3739545)

bkrantz
So, what's the proper menu for a 914 breakfast? chowtime.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 16 2024, 07:33 PM) *

Whatever the selected restaurant is serving. chowtime.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 14 2024, 10:10 PM) *

What is proposed is just a simple local 914 breakfast or similar on 9/14/2024, not a major event requiring a long drive and hotel rooms. No major inconvenience to your regular schedule is the point. Organize it local to your location and see who shows up.

Yep; keeping it simple. Met two 914 owners Sunday morning; neither had heard of 914World. Got em interested in initial thoughts for a 914 Day.
SirAndy
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 16 2024, 09:28 PM) *

Rust colored sausages with rust colored hash browns and rust colored gravy.
chowtime.gif
flipb
I'm willing to help organize (and I use that word lightly) something for DC/DMV teeners. Could we get a critical mass?
bkrantz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 17 2024, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 16 2024, 09:28 PM) *

Rust colored sausages with rust colored hash browns and rust colored gravy.
chowtime.gif

Drizzled with slightly burned oil, and eaten with a fork that has 3 U-joints.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(flipb @ Jun 17 2024, 01:25 PM) *

I'm willing to help organize (and I use that word lightly) something for DC/DMV teeners. Could we get a critical mass?

Organize it local to your location, post the details here in its own dedicated thread and and see who signs up.

We are all anxious to see the local event details being posted.

Who will be the first?

All I ask is that the thread title include: "Worldwide 914 Porsche Day 2024 - [event location]
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 14 2024, 08:49 PM) *

Already too many east coast/west coast events that are a long drive away. How about a Mid US Event. It's been a long time and even a weekend would be a fun time.

Talk to Donald and Ken Park. Make it happen! I know there are a bunch down that area.

Zach
TonyA
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 17 2024, 09:30 AM) *

Yep; keeping it simple. Met two 914 owners Sunday morning; neither had heard of 914World. Got em interested in initial thoughts for a 914 Day.

Steve, there is a new restaurant that just opened up down the road from the New Hope car show. The Ace Cafe, it is a very car/motorcycle friendly place. Might be a great location for NJ and Penna. cars.
drem914

Great idea...

(LA/OC/IE & SD)

Oscar

We will be there. That date has always been a very good day for us.
StarBear
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jun 18 2024, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 17 2024, 09:30 AM) *

Steve, there is a new restaurant that just opened up down the road from the New Hope car show. The Ace Cafe, it is a very car/motorcycle friendly place. Might be a great location for NJ and Penna. cars.

@TonyA Great to know. Thinking of a smaller gathering - Greater Morristown, NJ though of course you, Zach and others welcome! Will post initial thoughts soon.
JeffBowlsby
We have four 914 day events with their individual threads posted and highlighted. Thanks to the organizers who have stepped up to make this happen!

Thanks to the admins who have highlighted the individual events in the Garage Forum!

We need more 914 Day event locations so that every member here has a nearby event location they can participate in. If you are considering organizing your location, don’t be shy! Step up and make it known so that others can plan on attending.

And to everyone on 914 World, please mark your calendars for the worldwide 914 day event and plan to attend one near you, or offer to assist the organizer. Let’s all work together and make this a memorable event.
StarBear
Was wondering if we event organizers need to think about getting insurance. If so, what kind and from whom? dry.gif beer.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 29 2024, 06:19 AM) *

Was wondering if we event organizers need to think about getting insurance. If so, what kind and from whom? dry.gif beer.gif

Good question...

In my case, I think we're okay.
We are well insured, plus we are not serving alcohol nor allowing pool access. No children. Just +1's.

But curious for future gatherings.

O
JeffBowlsby
It is intended to be just a breakfast or something similar and low key - everyone is responsible for their own. If your event goes to the track or uses a private facility that requires insurance, it could be a different matter.
StarBear
Ok; thanks. I’ll check with the gathering location.
JeffBowlsby
Six weeks until 9/14 day. Just enough time to pull any and all event together. Any other events planned?

Anyone planning a 914 Day soiree in the San Francisco bay area? I was hoping someone would step up for this.
Big Len
I just added New Mexico to the list.
Should be a fun day.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 5 2024, 01:50 PM) *

Six weeks until 9/14 day. Just enough time to pull any and all event together. Any other events planned?

Anyone planning a 914 Day soiree in the San Francisco bay area? I was hoping someone would step up for this.

There's a Cars & Coffee event on September 14, hosted by Porsche Marin and Eric McFarland with The Agency, takes place at 800 Redwood Highway Frontage Road, Mill Valley — 8 am to 10
JeffBowlsby
What an exciting day is planned for 9/14. I count 8 dedicated 914world.com events around the USA, plus Okteenerfest, Ski Roundtop and a couple others. Go team! cheer.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.