Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runoffs Blogger needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thorshammer
Guys and Girls,

As many of you are aware the 914 club will have a presence at Mid Ohio for the Runoffs Sept 19-24. We are organizing a BBQ, a tent for the competitors and we have a cook, an organizer, a paypal account and some bodies to assist with running the program. It will be low key and alot of fun. But, we are missing a key person to handle PR/blogging duties.

Since the club members are helping the racers out with donations and so forth, we need to provide more than just a synopsis of the weeks festivities, we need BLOGGING. This would be the most kick butt position within the crew. Heres the good stuff.

Press pass from Mid Ohio for the blogger
This will entitle you to go anywhere on the hot track that press in allowed to take photos.
Free entrance into the racetrack and a cable hook up in the press box.
Press box credentials. This would allow you to be in the press box tower with the likes of Road and Track, Grassroots Motorsports, Sportscar and maybe a couple others you have read or heard of. Not only are these killer seats, but they really are just a few that will have these credentials. Go anywhere! very cool. Want to meet someone famous in racing like Greg Creamer the announcer for Speed Channel, he'll be there.

The required:
Decent digital camera and the ability to operate it. Preferably with a good lense, to get some close ups.
Lap top and good computer skills
Movie maker and the ability to use it (optional)
The time and effort to get there and get the job done.
The final crown of BLOGMASTER if all goes well.
A special gift from me, it's not much but it is a token.

Without this, the week will not be as much fun for the club, and since their the ones behind us, it would be awesome to have someone willing.

So are you up for it. Contact Chris Foley or Erik Madsen if you are and we will get the ball rolling. You need to be sure you can do it cause once we get the press pass set up, it may be difficult to change. Now get down with your bad self.

Erik Madsen
Joseph Mills
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
I am scheduled for a week training that week. I thought it was in Ohio... Turned out I'll be in Des Moine instead sad.gif icon_bump.gif
Jeroen
sounds like the coolest job there (unless you're racing)
Thorshammer
Bumpity, Bumpity Bump, Bump Bump.

icon_bump.gif .

Please read this post. One of the coolest ways to support the club. Get involved and get off the couch.

Erik Madsen
tdgray
I would love to do this but I really don't know enough about racing. I know I wouldn't do it justice.

I'm still up for being a gopher for a couple of days.

Come on guys, somebody has the skills to do this.

poke.gif
Jeroen
I don't understand it confused24.gif
If I were even remotely local, I'd be all over this offer w00t.gif
groot
Todd,

If you're up for it, go for it!!!!

You don't need to be an expert on racing. It would be interesting to read a blog from a different perspective.
Thorshammer
Todd,

Heres what would be required.

A Camera to take digital photos as previouysly stated
The willingness to talk to the guys under the tent and see whats going on and whos doing well and what changes they are making and report on it. We will help with some of the content, just can't sit down and write all of it.

Be computer literate. I net, Video, Photos. etc... Just think your first race will be out on the track. Normally they put press personnel at the corner workers stations.
Very cool.

Erik M
Verruckt
I can't believe somebody is not on this...

I just can't get away that far right now. It probably doesn't mean much right now, but I'll certainly volunteer for next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.