Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat belt question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
I had my seat belts re webbed by Seat Belt Planet and installed them today. Looking at the way I installed them gets me wondering if I put them in correctly. Also seems like They should be tighter on the bolt. I can move them (no not swivel to put them on) back and forth. In the pic you can see space between the spacers and belt hardware.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Renee Click to view attachment
worn
Just went through a similar saga. For once, the PET wasn’t that helpful. The major point is to make sure that the bolt can be tightened against washers or sleeves all the way to the frame. You want to be able to put torque on the bolt and still be able to swivel the belt guide.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 15 2024, 07:31 PM) *

Just went through a similar saga. For once, the PET wasn’t that helpful. The major point is to make sure that the bolt can be tightened against washers or sleeves all the way to the frame. You want to be able to put torque on the bolt and still be able to swivel the belt guide.

Thanks

I pulled the bolts out they were tight. The bolt in the top was all the way in couldn't go any further. Still had slop.

The bolts are two different lengths. maybe i got the wrong bolt in the wrong hole? These are the bolts that have been in the car since birth. lol
windforfun
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

I had to reattach my mounts after I replaced the pads. I'll take some pics mañana to give you some accurate info.

The left & right bolts are the same in length.
windforfun
Here you go. This is the stock arrangement. Tomorrow comes too quickly when you get old.
bdstone914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jun 15 2024, 06:55 PM) *

I had my seat belts re webbed by Seat Belt Planet and installed them today. Looking at the way I installed them gets me wondering if I put them in correctly. Also seems like They should be tighter on the bolt. I can move them (no not swivel to put them on) back and forth. In the pic you can see space between the spacers and belt hardware.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Does not look correct. I can lay out the correct order of parts tomorrow and post a picture. That bolt is the longest. There are three different lenghts. You should have the metal spacer sleeve last on that bolt
hndyhrr
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 15 2024, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Jun 15 2024, 06:55 PM) *

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Does not look correct. I can lay out the correct order of parts tomorrow and post a picture. That bolt is the longest. There are three different lenghts. You should have the metal spacer sleeve last on that bolt

please and thank you

Montreal914
popcorn[1].gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 15 2024, 08:21 PM) *

Here you go. This is the stock arrangement. Tomorrow comes too quickly when you get old.

thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.