Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Formuling horn button.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shivers
Got a aftermarket wheel in the 80's. Was able to find in the 90's a replacement horn button. Now and then I think I've found a unicorn supply but alas, no. Gave up a couple years ago and have been watching the aftermarket horn button producers. I think I found something. I'll paint it with krinkle paint, maybe lazier etching before. Not the same look but looks like it is going to fit right. I have one coming and I'll let you know how it goes. The back size is 2.99213 inches

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Shivers
Well, nothing is easy lately smile.gif. Ok so when they say about 3” on the base, they actually mean 3 1/4” fat. Was admittedly bummed at first, then it was time to see if I could make lemonade. The base of this horn button with a little sanding will fit into the tube between the steering wheel and the factory column. So if I cut the top off the button housing I think I can end up with this:

Click to view attachment

I’ll paint it the same finish. So this piece will not just drop in. They fibbed
Shivers
Maybe this kind of thing.

Click to view attachment
Shivers
Click to view attachment
Shivers
I am liking this.

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Let us know how this works out. I have a formuling wheel with an old 80s button that I wouldn’t mind updating. stirthepot.gif
Shivers
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jun 20 2024, 09:13 PM) *

Let us know how this works out. I have a formuling wheel with an old 80s button that I wouldn’t mind updating. stirthepot.gif

Roger that. smile.gif
Shivers
I may have to put this on. Even the radius is right. The car gets one of these on the rear. Opinions?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Shivers
Well, no body said that sucks. So I think I will do that, it mostly keeps the black with a touch of candy.
Shivers
Easy peasy. My hands hurt like a mofo, but that is normal. A pic is worth a 1000 words, well there is 7000 for you. If you have a question please ask.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

@SO.O.C914er
Cairo94507
I think that looks sharp. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
SO.O.C914er
My wheel is silver and smooth with black leather rap. But I like what you’ve done with this one! agree.gif beerchug.gif
76-914
Looks great. I noticed that they sell that model in a few different finishes. My avatar likes it too. beerchug.gif
Shivers
Well thanks Guy's. Yes there is all sorts of finishes. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.