Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 1/4 scale stock car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
Hi World -
My neighbor inherited this and was about to toss it. Short story short is that as of today, it's safe At The Red Barn. I'm hoping to learn more about it.
It's essentially a display model. The "frame" is just a rectangle that supports the wheels and mounts the body. No steering, nothing under the body skin.

Are these things collectible? I'm tempted to make it an R/C car or cut a hole in the roof and stick it on a go-kart. But if it's better off going to someone who collects or covets stuff like this, I think I'd rather do that.

Any help appreciated. Thanks -
Chris
burton73
Cut it in half and it can be a wall hanging for two people. Kind of like what PMB has outside and inside of their building but not full size and not a Porsche

Very cool for a man cave

Best Bob B

Shivers
My brother has one about the same size, My brother bought his from a friend that owned a bar. It hung over the pool table.
sb914
Put a Ferrari engine in it . sawzall-smiley.gif aktion035.gif
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 16 2024, 03:31 PM) *

Beat me to it.
flat4guy
Throw it on FB market place - people are still excited about the nascar race by you last weekend, should get some interest.
KELTY360
Yeah, you definitely need another project.
Cairo94507
That is perfect garage art; I would put it on a wall. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 16 2024, 03:31 PM) *

Put a Porsche engine in it
Montreal914
I know nothing about stcok car other than they go around... unsure.gif

But I would assume these are equipped with nice race only V8, twin overhead cam,...? confused24.gif

Why not installing one of these 1:4 scale running v8 engines! smile.gif Now for the gearbox... idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Watch it running here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2sr5HbQWI
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 17 2024, 06:22 AM) *

That is perfect garage art; I would put it on a wall. beerchug.gif

^ Beat me to it. This is going to be valuable to someone, somewhere, just the way it is.

Would look great hanging on the wall in the meantime—after all, you never know what you'll find At The Red Barn… smile.gif
slowrodent
Comparably sized to the 914 dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.