Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Air Line Quick Disconnects
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the various air line quick disconnect couplers? ARO, Lincoln, Automotive, etc? The ones we've been using (ARO I think) haven't really lasted that long and most of them are leaking air like mad. Is there one that is better suited to the rigors of shop life? Or is it just a matter of more $, better quality connectors?

I googled for a comparison, but couldn't find anything worthwhile.
cha914
At the last shop I was at we had some connectors that instead of a collar that you pulled back to release the tool, it had a large recessed button that you pushed to release the tool. It made it sooo much nicer to go from one tool to the next and it also had a nice rubberized housing so it took a beating well.

I think it was from snap on or matco, but I couldn't turn up a picture with a quick search. I know they arn't cheap, but seemed well worth it when I was doing work there.

HTH,

Tony
rhodyguy
i use the MILTON brand on all my hoses and have never had any problems. they see hard duty in the field and the garage. only the hoses have the disconnects and nipples on the device and supply ends. less exspensive that way too.

k
URY914
Go to http://www.garagejunkies.net/ It's a forum like ours for tools, garage design and construction and related stuff. You can join-search-find something on it. I'm a member and have found it very useful.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.