Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neat 12/69-build, one-owner/family 1970 914 on BaT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
Remember when no one wanted a 1965 911? Or a pre-A 356?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-37/

Was fortunate to meet Wilma, who bought the car new, as well as her family when we featured it in a display celebrating 50 years of the 914 in Los Angeles. Her family would love to see it stay in California, as I would—but the bigger thing is to see it go to the right custodian. If you know someone who might fit that description, please pass this along.
Montreal914
WOW! Now we all need to get issue 012 of 000! smile.gif

I think this picture is priceless. wub.gif I couldn't resist sharing.

Screenshot of BAT post (original credit: 000)

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Stunning car. Hope she does well.
tygaboy
For those of you who may want a "keeper", or otherwise significant 914, this has to be a top contender.
Featured in 000 Magazine and driven and written about by our very own @horizontally-opposed Pete!
This is one of those very rare "where/when are you going to find another?" opportunities.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 17 2024, 06:31 AM) *

This is one of those very rare "where/when are you going to find another?" opportunities.

You won't.

Looking through the pics again last night, I saw a bunch of little stuff to address over time (the rear bumper, the shift knob (?), etc), but nothing that would prevent driving and enjoying the car in the short term. Now would I paint this car or change parts and "looks" related to its story.

I even found myself kinda digging the Cadillac floor mats—I think I'd have to leave them in place. laugh.gif

There's just something about this car, and IIRC it drove a lot better than I expected—not on a fun drive through the hills of Malibu or along PCH, but in what I can only call a real acid test—LA traffic from the coast to the Arts District and back on a busy Saturday. Expected it to be dog slow and beyond vague when it came to shifting. It was neither, which made me appreciate just how light the early 914-4s are and the value of a one-owner car driven with obvious care. Car also seemed super honest.

I really hope this 914 goes to a good home, as it deserves to. I'd buy it myself if I didn't have my 914 (or the level of emotional attachment to it, 35 years in).

rjames
Went for a bit lower than I expected.
wonkipop
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jun 16 2024, 09:48 PM) *

Remember when no one wanted a 1965 911? Or a pre-A 356?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-37/

Was fortunate to meet Wilma, who bought the car new, as well as her family when we featured it in a display celebrating 50 years of the 914 in Los Angeles. Her family would love to see it stay in California, as I would—but the bigger thing is to see it go to the right custodian. If you know someone who might fit that description, please pass this along.

neat stuff.

such an early car you can kind of work out when they started production in earnest.
k plate says its dec 2 on that car. and say they are making round about 100 cars at max per day (might have been less at start up). vin of 01224 puts start of production at probably start of november 1969? beerchug.gif

has anyone ever worked that out. when they started production properly.

kind of makes sense with all the cars on the stand at frankfurt which was sept 1969.
the cars on the stand all look like very early pre production cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.