Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever seen a Miata on its side?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This was in qualifying at Lime Rock this summer.
The car went off while trying to pass Ed (edgetoo) Givler's 914. He hit the tire wall at over 80mph.
Crashed Miata
It's only one Meg, real quick.
Jeroen
ouch... huh.gif
driver ok?

stuff like this reminds you that once those few square inches of rubber contact patch break loose, you are really just passenger in a balistic missile
ablose58
ohmy.gif YIKES that's gonna leave a mark. Hope the driver was ok?
Evill Ed
Your engine sounds good Chris wink.gif

Keep your 914 on all biggrin.gif

Ed
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Aug 24 2005, 07:33 AM)
driver ok?

He was already standing on the bank above the tire wall when I went by. Believe it or not, the car was fully repaired in less than 2 weeks. That's what money can do for you.

Your engine sounds good Chris

Look for the race highlights video soon. smile.gif
ArtechnikA
what i did not see in that clip were any waving yellow flags, although it looked like a turn marshall's stand right there. OTOH i could have seen a standing red - but it didn't look like the queue slowed much - clip stopped at that point tho...

have the flag meanings changed since i was last at an SCCA flagger's meeting?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 24 2005, 10:54 AM)
what i did not see in that clip were any waving yellow flags, although it looked like a turn marshall's stand right there. OTOH i could have seen a standing red - but it didn't look like the queue slowed much - clip stopped at that point tho...

have the flag meanings changed since i was last at an SCCA flagger's meeting?

At the beginning of the clip there's a flagger with yellow waving, to driver's left.
The red was out when I got to the uphill turn, and I parked at the top of the hill.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Aug 24 2005, 09:41 AM)
At the beginning of the clip there's a flagger with yellow waving, to driver's left.

yepp, kinda hard to see, but he's waving yellow ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.