Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of selling my project....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rallyman
I haven't been around in a long time....there's been a lot going on, but that doesn't mean I didn't think about the 914 and you guys....

Things have changed drastically for me and I think I might have to sell my project. I know I won't get what I have invested originally, but I don't want to give it away either... I was wondering if you guys would give me an idea of what ballpark I should be in with my pricing? I'd really rather avoid the evilBay with this, although I could probably sell it as a rare out of production........

The basics are - a '73 2.0 - complete, not running, lots of rust in chassis. A 'decent', partly stripped, chassis (roller - mostly just interior out), and 'misc parts' - located in So Calif.

I won't post it all cuz I don't want to piss anyone off if I'm asking in the wrong place....I'm just trying to get an idea of "how much". If it's ok to post it here, I'll be happy to give more details.....

Thanks,

Craig.
Part Pricer
This is the right place to ask for a pricing opinion. It happens here all the time. Actually, a lot of the members view it as a "sport".

First off, pictures would be a great help. That would give us the ability to see what you have.

Second, I'm a little confused. Are we talking about a complete car and a roller?

IPB Image
rallyman
I didn't think it was confusing until I re-read it....but yes, a complete car and a roller, and extra parts.

I can post some pics as long as no one objects to it being here.....I guess you sort of answered that...I'll try to get some pics up by tomorrow....

Thanks,

Craig.
StratPlayer
I think you have to have 10 post before you can post pictures.
KaptKaos
Craig,

Where in SoCal are you? I may be looking to get out of one of my projects and into a second 914. Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
rallyman
Joe,

I'm in the San Diego area, but you gotta know....all I'm talking here is projects........
Uncle Richy
rusty parts car: less than $1k.
Depending on how much is missing, maybe way less.
aufaber
Hmm.. in SoCal? I'd say around 1500-2000 for a non-running rusty car and a clean stripped car.. Elsware in the courty they would go for a lot more.

-Aaron G>
rallyman
Wow......the opinions have started, and they are all over the place! I like some of them, and others not so much, but that is what I was looking for.....ideas for where I am at! Thanks so far guys!
SirAndy
QUOTE(rallyman @ Jul 31 2003, 10:48 AM)
still no luck and I've passed the magic "10 posts" too! Any ideas????

your connection might be too slow.
or the file size of the images is too big. don't recall the max. size off the top of my head ...

try with one pic and make it really small, like 100 x 100 pixels.

also, DO NOT preview your post if you attach pictures. it'll loose the attachments. just hit the "Add Reply" button ...

Andy
Lawrence
pic 1
Lawrence
pic 2
Lawrence
pic 3
Lawrence
pic 4
Lawrence
pic 5
Lawrence
Pic 6
rallyman
Thanks Lawrence beerchug.gif !!!!
The first three pix are of the complete '73 - it is COMPLETE. The next 3 pix are of the "stripped" roller. It's not completely stripped by any means, and there are lot's of duplicate parts to the complete car.
I also have some extras like a really sweet dash pad, a front targa seal in really nice shape, some replacement panels, etc. I don't want to split anything out - all or nothing. Cuz if I can't sell it then I'll need it when and if I get around to being able to do something with it!

Ok guys, here are the pics (Thanks again Lawrence!) let me know what you think I have!
rallyman
Two things to mention about the 'roller' - 1) it has a bit of rust across the rear of the trunk due to the leaky taillight buckets and the battery tray was a bit rusty, but not eaten away (I still have it for those that would like to see it). I have the replacement panels for both of those. 2) The car was apparently hit on the drivers side door / rear quarter at some point in time. The repair seems acceptable from the outside and you can't really see an trace of it except for at the front door close line. Otherwise, the longs are solid, there is a bit of surface rust on the rears of the floor pans - nothing a good wire brushing won't cure - and no signs of any rust anywhere else.

Anyone has specific questions, please feel free to ask!
rallyman
Well the pics have been up for several days and I've been gone over the weekend - I sort of expected to have at least one reply/opinion on what I have! Come on guys.....you asked for pics - even said the thread was worthless without them! - well here are some pics and a better description - How about me help here?
Aaron Cox
4 alloys- 400 bucks
2.0 engine and sidesshift trans- 500-600
dashpad- couple hundred
KaptKaos
Lawrence,

Joe,

I'm in the San Diego area, but you gotta know....all I'm talking here is projects........

I understand. I picked up a 72 Fiat 850 Spider as a fun car, was gonna give it to Dad as a present, but now he wants a Boxster (he doesn't know I got the 850). I like the 850 just fine 'cept I was figuring that if I was going to invest in a project car, I'd be better served by a 914. I have a 73 914 1.7 that I drive almost daily.

Anyway, send me a message and lets discuss what you want for the stuff and maybe we can go from there.

Thanks,
Joe
Lawrence
Joe,

I just posted the pictures. The car belongs to someone else! Sorry!

-Rusty smoke.gif
rallyman
Email sent to you Joe.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.