Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Pad Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Have been told that the dreadedcracked dash can be refurbished to look very good. Anyone know how this would be done? I am thinking repair the padding then upholser it with black leather or something. Any thoughts are welcome.
tat2dphreak
Dr. Evil used to do it, don't think he's doing it anymore though...

2 options:
take it to an upholster and see if he can fix it, it won't looks like it did from the factory, but good all the same.
OR:
pm/email Craig @ CAMP914 (boxstr on this site), he does a recover that makes it EXACTLY as it was new(as close as possible, anyway)

other than that, hope for a good used one to hit the classifieds...
SirAndy
QUOTE (Tobra @ Aug 24 2005, 07:12 AM)
Any thoughts are welcome.

fill in the cracks, sand it down, add new vinyl ...

sounds easy but i know i wouldn't be able to do it right ...
wink.gif Andy

PS: i have seen one of craigs dashes and it looked great!
double-a
agree.gif

i've seen the dashes made by craig at camp914, and they are top notch, they look and feel like new.

~a
Kargeek
You can also try Just Dashes- they vacuum form new vinyl on dashes and do outstanding work.

Just dashes
thomasotten
I pm'd Dr. Evil about three weeks ago, and he indicated to me that he was going to start doing the dashes again as soon as he gets situated.
Dr Evil
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Aug 24 2005, 08:59 PM)
I pm'd Dr. Evil about three weeks ago, and he indicated to me that he was going to start doing the dashes again as soon as he gets situated.

yup, got a call last night from my partner. He said lets get this thing started. I have a BIG anatomy tesy next Thurs, so I will be a bit slow up till then. PM me and I will get you on "the list".
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif dat's good news!
jasons
I would think you could do a Fiberglass and bondo job on an existing dash. Plenty of car stereo guys do this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.