Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Go Kart Racer II - The rematch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Trekkor and I are going for rematch at www.gokartracer.com tommorrow at 12:00. Anyone who is interested is welcome in joining us. It costs about $72 for just about an hour of time for those showing up for the first time. That includes a license fee, head sock if you dont have a full face helmet. Fun stuff!

We will meet in the lobby at 11:30.

Mueller
what were the results from the 1st race??

who won or whom beat who????
Trekkor
Since Nathan's out of town, I'll just start makin' up stuff. biggrin.gif

We were all set to go, when Nate couldn't get his zipper up unsure.gif

He got left in the pits while we all rolled out under yellow.
They helped him get all fixed up and had to push start his kart onto the twisty course.

We whizzed by, I think I saw his fist in the air and he was yelling something about his driving shoes. cool.gif

He started to get settled an was putting up quite an effort. Didn't last though, he corded the front tires as we lapped him through the checkers. lol2.gif

Dirty Nate...

At least that's the way I remember it...Grant?

KT
grantsfo
biggrin.gif Lets see first practice session I headed out in front of Nathan. And by the first corner he was on the inside of my kart bumping me out of the way and I never saw him again. Then Trekkor went by and I never caught him again.

Nathan was flying for somone who hasnt had much karting expereince. He was sticking with a real fast guy who had much more expreince and placed 2nd out of a field of 6 karts. Trekkor wasnt doing too bad either! Nathan posted a mid 58 second run, Trekkor was in mid 61 seconds and I was low 62 second laps.

I just plain sucked partially due to out weighing most everyone by 50 to 100lbs and not being in good enough shape to stay focused on the longer races.

I was looking at my lap times compared to Trekkor and I have a chance of staying with him this next race Nathan on the other hand is completely out of my league until we put a 100 lb bag of concrete on his kart. I weigh 100 lbs more than him and when you only have 9 hp it makes a differnce. Kind of reminds me of the Indy car people complaining about whats her name and her 100 lb weight advantage.
lapuwali
In actual kart competition, the minimum weight is a major factor in each class, and that's with driver. A friend of mine has a kid that's competing in karts now, and the boy is small for his age, so he runs something like 80lbs of lead ballast.
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif

let's race together. driving.gif

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Aug 24 2005, 07:21 PM)
icon_bump.gif

let's race together. driving.gif

KT

Trekkor, See you there tommorrow at 11:30 am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.