Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT..Looking for Vintage 911 pics....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Specifically 911 lightweight models from the early 70s.

Anyone have an archive?

Need pics of rear ends (what else) with euro fog lamps and solutions for backup/reverse lights.

My RS rear lenses don't have reverse lamps, and I used to have a rear fog lamp....don't know if the 80s lamp is different from the 70s.....since my tail dragger is getting nicer since I spent some time on it, I would like to be period correct.
URY914
Go to the Pelican 911 board and do a search for "pics" in the title of the thread.
You'll find a bunch of them, old and new pics. But there are also vintage pics in there.

P

ArtechnikA
i take it you mean your faux 911R lights... RS used standard street 911 parts; RSR too...

lots of pictures at the "R-Gruppe" site too.

from what i recall of the 911R light thread, there was a lamp with amber over white for mounting in the outboard position; that's what i was looking at using. red for stop, white for backup (as rqd by PA vehicle inspection...) and amber for TS.

lots of places sell the Hella aft foglight. mostly, i've seen them mounted under the left bumperette (inboard, where the exhaust cutout isn't.) i'm thinking of mounting one to the edge of the decklid, just inboard of the left bumperette.
Joe Bob
Yeah...R tail lights.

I have this unused switch in the dash. It powered the rear facing fog lamp. This model did not come with factory fogs stock...it has the fuse location which was used if it was ordered as an option.

The back end of the sitch is buried under tons of blower and heater crap that I couldn't get to it to use it for the front fog lights. So....I want to see about a rear fog lamp.

Judging from the answers I'm getting....not much diff between them from the 70s to the 80s.

On the R lights....they are suggesting a split in the solid red to red/whit and wiring another lamp in there....doan think that would be bright enuff....it's nice to have SOME usuable light on dark streets when backing up.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 24 2005, 01:19 PM)
On the R lights....they are suggesting a split in the solid red to red/whit and wiring another lamp in there....doan think that would be bright enuff....it's nice to have SOME usuable light on dark streets when backing up.

aha. you have a Cabrio with some rear visibility... even the factory backup lights don't do squat on my '71...

maybe get a pair of Hella microlight fogs and bore a pair of holes in the bumperettes...
Joe Bob
Made an executive decision.....I ordered TWO of the red lamps. They are bright enuff so that even using red tint it will illuminate the rear for back up and I can augment it by switching on the rear fog as well....pluse with two the sam color it's balanced.

Oh God.....my balls have shrunk....I actually used the words "color balanced" in reference to my car..... headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.