Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 F'glass Bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I bought a 916 f'glass rear bumper to put on my '75. Will it require the dog bone's, or should it bolt directly to the car? I know the '75 requires the new holes be located and drilled. Oh, BTW, what's the best way to determine the hole location?

Thanks,

Andy
URY914
I doubt if this will help, but on early cars the bumper attaches with some brackets and doesn't use the bones.

Did you get any mounting hardware with it?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 24 2005, 12:50 PM)
I doubt if this will help, but on early cars the bumper attaches with some brackets and doesn't use the bones.

how early? my two '70s came with dog bones... (two per car front & back...)
URY914
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 24 2005, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 24 2005, 12:50 PM)

how early? my two '70s came with dog bones... (two per car front & back...)

My '72 parts car didn't use them.
URY914
Rich, did you miss that the question is about 916 f-glass bumpers?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 24 2005, 01:12 PM)
Rich, did you miss that the question is about 916 f-glass bumpers?

no, i saw that, but i took your response "the bumper" to be more general than i see you meant it.

my bad...
andys
I received no hardware with it. Two steel brackets with two holes in each are glass'd in place for what I assume are stock mounting points.

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (andys @ Aug 24 2005, 08:56 AM)
Will it require the dog bone's, or should it bolt directly to the car?

i got the 916 rear bumper on my '70 and yes, i used the dog-bones ...

wink.gif Andy
neo914-6
I have standard f/g bumpers which use the bones. Like the stock, you should tape them on the bracket. If anything they should separate metal to metal mounting. Since the brackets are "flimsy" on mine it's not easy to find the mount holes with the bolts...
VegasRacer
When I put a fiberglass 916 rear bumper on my '74 race car I did not use dog bones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.