Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear caliper seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
My Pelican caliper rebuild kit apparently will not include the seal between the caliper halves.

Anybody know where to get them???
Allan
confused24.gif
swl
AA kit included them. Dunno if he'll sell separately.
Hydra
The seals do come in the kit, i've heard that the part has been superceded, so now whenever you order a seal kit, the seal between the halves will be included.
wink.gif
Nick
Allan
QUOTE (Hydra @ Aug 24 2005, 11:27 AM)
The seals do come in the kit, i've heard that the part has been superceded

I just talked to Glenn over at Pelican and he says nyet. They don't come with the kit...
SLITS
Someone that nobody wanted to buy from on eBay used to list them....don't remember who.

They are an o-ring I think and the size could be matched if you wanted to go thru the trouble.
ArtechnikA
something tells me Eric Shea could get you a set if you asked nicely, possibly in concert with an offer of an exchange of funds...
davep
My kits from Pelican included them. Bought a few months ago.
Allan
Just got the kits. It contains 2 piston dust boots, 2 piston seals, 2 what look like adjuster seals, 1 little tiny o-ring, 1 larger o-ring and 2 retainer springs.
smrz914
GPR has them. 1.90 ea. though
Eric_Shea
They're included. Glenn doesn't know stromberg.gif Now in his feable defense biggrin.gif all the "other" caliper kits do not include them (M-Caliper, Front Caliper, A-Caliper etc...)

They are the two seals in the upper right hand corner of your picture. But if you feel you need two more I'll gladly send them for a few pennies.

Kit breakdown (your picture)

Two Dust Boots
Two Piston Seals
Two Dust Boot Clips

*next colum*

Two caliper 1/2 Seals
Inner adjuster seal
Outer adjuster seal
Allan
You da man Eric....................

I've got 2 sets of rears. whichever ones I dont use will be on their way to you...
Eric_Shea
Tnx... let me know if you encounter anything. My cell's listed in the Resource Thread (the help line is a 900 number) biggrin.gif

Seriously...call if you have any questions.

E.
ArtechnikA
Yeah!

i didn't get any caliper half seals with my S-caliper kit!
i feel ripped off !

{ :-) }
Eric_Shea
laugh.gif I almost typed that in there and then I went... Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttt laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
One more thing Allan,

Get some wire cutters and trim down your dust boot clips. Trim enough so there's an 1/8" gap between the two ends. You'll see what I mean when you try to put them on.

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.