Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey, it's my old car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wild 6
Someone bought my old car and is selling it on eBay. They totaled up the receipts, something I could never get myself to do. ohmy.gif

Maybe I'll bid on it and buy it back for a fraction of the price I had into it. huh.gif

eBay Link

user posted image
bd1308
thats a looker for sure....

smile.gif

i like the muffler system....
Allan
That's a really nice looking car.....
Tobra
Very pretty, those black 8 spokes look nice with that color, what kind of exhaust is that?
Wild 6
The exhaust is stock heat exchangers terminated in a couple of SuperTrapps.

user posted image

He is hiding a dent I put in it when it slid off a jack:

user posted image
bd1308
well in his defense, he DID mention a dent from a jack....
TravisNeff
Nice looking car Andy! I like the oil cooler setup too. What is that coil on the firewall for?
RustyWa
QUOTE (Wild 6 @ Aug 24 2005, 05:38 PM)

He is hiding a dent I put in it when it slid off a jack:

That's pretty amusing looking at those pictures on ebay. I like the shot where he uses a LEAF to cover up the dent.
Demick
He is blatantly hiding that dent. The only 2 pictures that would show the dent are very carefully taken to hide the dent. More than 50 pictures of the car and he has to mention the dent in the fine print at the bottom. Seller should be ashamed. Bad bad seller.

user posted image

user posted image
736conver
He is blatantly hiding that dent. The only 2 pictures that would show the dent are very carefully taken to hide the dent. More than 50 pictures of the car and he has to mention the dent in the fine print at the bottom. Seller should be ashamed. Bad bad seller.

I agree, this is the sh*t that gives ebay a bad name. Someone is about to spend some good coin on this car only to find a big ol dent in it. Doesnt the seller realize the crap he's going to get from the buyer when they get the car. flipa.gif
Allan
I would be sooo pissed if I bought the car and saw that when it was delivered...
Wild 6
Travis,
That is a tranformer to regenerate the tach signal.

P.S. Did you speak to Michael Coconauer?
TravisNeff
Andy, I left a VM for Michael and haven't hard back. I tried emailing him, but the message bounced. I'll try again.

I was talking about the coil in the engine compartment by the battery. That Oil cooler shroud is pretty tidy!
Wild 6
Duh. After I posted it hit me what you were talking about, so I edited my previous post. See above.
Wild 6
Travis,
I forgot. Michael is on vacation next this week.
Ferg
I've seen this guys auctions before, and also, he sells under different private ebay names, assuming he doesn't have a neighbor that sells cars too!!

take a look at this mustang under a different seller name... a little to similar if you ask me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

I agree buyer beware!

Does look like a nice car though.

Ferg.
TravisNeff
OK, I will give him a ring next week, thanks again!
GWN7
and rust is not a factory
so any rust is aftermarket? laugh.gif

Car looks very nice except for the dent. huh.gif
Tobra
there is one picwhere you can sort of see the dent, if you know it is there. He was standing on a ladder or something looking down on it, that shit is pretty blatant. The mustang ain't that nice, $99.95 Earl Schieb paint and goofy looking velour seat covers. Probably not a bad 20 footer
Tom Perso
No amount of paint is going to help a 71 Mudstain with HUBCAPS... icon8.gif

A friend of mine has a 71 Mach 1, but it's a 351 with a 2-barrel. I am guessing not a stock motor?

And it's pea green...

w00t.gif

Tom
Aaron Cox
yellow top neeeds yellow sails wacko.gif
Demick
So I e-mailed the seller (this was before I knew he was probably not the owner of the car, just someone selling it on commission I assume). Here is what I wrote:

------------------------------------
This is a very nice car and is advertised as such. Nice that you took so many pictures of it to show how nice it is. Somebody is probably going to bid top dollar for this car. That person is also going to be very pissed when they find that you blatantly hid the dent on the right side by carefully photographing the car using leaves and bushes to hide it (and then mentioning the dent only in the fine print at the bottom of the listing). Lets hope that they find that out before they have paid you money or paid for a plane ticket to fly out and get the car. This isn't some $1500 POS that the buyer is expecting there to be a bunch of problems with. The buyer is expecting a very nice car. Do yourself (and your buyer) a favor and specifically point out the dent and include pictures of it. Your dishonesty WILL cause YOU problems in the transaction, as well as the buyer who may lose money when he backs out of the deal. Just some friendly advise - no need to respond.
-------------------------------------

He did respond with:

--------------------------------
Lets see... $19K in TOTAL receipts and read the bottom where it discloses the dent and the fender flair cracking. Sounds like your just pissed you missed out on a HOT 914. Sorry good luck NEXT time!!!
------------------------------------

Obviously doesn't care. People like this really piss me off. Makes me want to way overbid the car and win the auction - then back out saying the car was misrepresented. What could happen? One bad feedback? Who cares. At least it would make work for him and save the real high bidder from a big disappointment.

mightyohm
barf.gif
736conver
Funny I emailed him also, this stuff just really makes me mad.

Here's his response...............

19K in TOTAL receipts and read the freaking disclosure at the bottom that states the small dent and the cracking in the flairs. WOW don't be such a soar looser. This 914 is easily worth $8500 any day... What is your problem? Sounds like jelousy!!!

He's not interested in honesty. His whole reply to me is money based, thats why the dent is hidden.

MoveQik
It takes a real dick to actually spend that much time figuring out ways to photograph the car in a way that hides the dent. Then he tries to cry "no foul" because he put it in the fine print. What a complete ass. I hope the high bidder backs out on him. It would be a real shame if the winning bidder was emailed the truth about the dent.... idea.gif
736conver
You cant email any bidders as its a private auction. I already thought about that. sad.gif
scotty914
i wonder if you emailed ebay the pic and said the seller was hiding it and misrepresenting it, along with the replies you got if they would warn buyers or pull the ad
Demick
I'm sure the buyer will back out (or ask for a few thousand off the bid price). I just hope that the buyer is somewhat local and hasn't flown out to get the car or paid to have it transported before they find out about it. Buyer is expecting a pristine car. They aren't just going to gloss over the big dent when they see it. And they will really be pissed when they discover how that dent was intentionally hidden from them.
MoveQik
The stupid part of this whole thing is that car is a super clean car...even with the dent. I think anyone looking for a clean car wouldn't be worried about the dent at all. Considering all the potential problems of a 30 year old car, a dent from a jack seems pretty minor.
TROJANMAN
emailed the seller asking to see better pics of the car. his response: "$7500 buys the car." wacko.gif nice answerto a question asking for pictures.
rhodyguy
killer reserve. nice new benchmark for a clean, stock car.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.