Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bertus
Recently replaced the ignition switch in my car. The car is new to me and I am trying to get it ready for inspection to register it. Anyways the horn did not work prior to replacing the ignition switch. During the process of replacing the switch I cleaned the horn contacts. I hooked up the wires like the PO had them. Now when I reattach the horn button, the horn continously honks.

So if anybody tell me what I screwed up, or what was previously out of whack, or where to go from here I would appreciate it.

Did a search and couldnt't find a good answer (not saying it wasn't there, I just couldn't find it!). Anyways I am a little impatient to get this fixed so I can drive it more than just around the block after I register it!

Attached are a few pics of how the wires are hooked up.

Any input would be appreciated! biggrin.gif

Bertus
Another pic
bondo
See that hard black plastic thing in the middle of the part that comes off the wheel? It used to be a springy rubber thing that kept it from honking all the time. Get a new one and your problem will likely be solved.
Rand
Seems you've got a simple short. If that wire touches a ground (metal), the horn honks. I'm betting you just need to clean up and insulate the connections.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.