Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rough running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfierb
Having a hesitation problem with my 73 2.0 ....at a steady 2500-3000 rpm car skips and misses....cleaned and adjusted the throttle switch no help....before I cleaned the switch hesitation started at a steady 2000 rpm...car seems to run worse after cleaning switch....runs great at higher speeds, idles smooth,starts right up.
Any ideas?

Paul F.
mihai914
Sometimes the switch will be too worn and the only solution is replacement.

There may also be other issues with the car, if you haven't already read through this site which is the reference for our cars.

All the info to troubleshoot your problem should be there.

As usual, valve adjustment, tune-up and proper fuel pressure is a prerequisite to any D-jet repair.
drgchapman
I exact same problem, went through Brad Anders pray.gif site and diagnosed a TPS problem. Ordered one from Pelican, installed and the little orange 2.0 runs like a champ. The TPS wears out at cruise throttle position, around 3000 rpm. Quite a nice groove in the contacts.
redshift
TPS 99%.

M

I have recently found that relays can fail in micro-second bursts, on-off-on-off-on-off. It will make any throttle position other than idle lean, and kill your motor.
SirAndy
QUOTE (drgchapman @ Aug 25 2005, 05:56 AM)
The TPS wears out at cruise throttle position, around 3000 rpm. Quite a nice groove in the contacts.

agree.gif check the TPS first ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.