Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:We got a bit of rain in Toronto last week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
balljoint
Couple of Tornadoes NW of the city. This road got clobbered.
balljoint
This is Finch, between Keele and Dufferin.

Repair bill is estimated at $5 Million.
balljoint
Crazy.
balljoint
wacko.gif
balljoint
Last one.
olav
Ouch!

ohmy.gif
GaroldShaffer
YIKES Looks like they will be building a bridge there now.
davep
The power of mother nature is awesome.
Mark Henry
WOW ohmy.gif

Was this today or last Friday?

Sunny here...only clouds are to the west...we're just over an hour east of T.O.

wacko.gif
balljoint
Last Friday.

I spent all Friday afternoon/evening moving pails of water out of my office into the parkinglot. And then all Saturday and all Sunday using the Shop Vac to clean up the soggy carpet. Then I had to toss out all of the ceiling panels that had become waterlogged and had fallen into the office.

We had 3 feet of water in the loading dock, and some dumb kid in a Jeep making waves. I saw him the next day stalled with the hood up, changing plugs.
Mark Henry
Yep...I thought it was going to kill my show unsure.gif

We only got a 2-3hr downpour. The ground is so dry here it just sucked it in like a sponge.
davep
As a result of all the rain in the past few weeks my lawn is growing out of control. It rained Friday and Saturday, then I was at the Festival all day Sunday. Monday they sprayed my lawn, so I had to wait till yesterday to mow. I needed a combine! I had the deck set to high and in low gear to keep the blades from stalling. I was cutting 4" to 6" over the bulk of the lawn. It will need to be done again tomorrow. With the price of gas I'm considering selling my poodles and getting some goats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.