Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange starting sequence...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skl
Any idea what may be wrong? When starting the car, it at first acts like the battery is dead (clicks, but doesn't turn over), but if you leave the key on, then starts turning over slowly and then starts. After driving the car for a while, with ammeter gauge in the postiive, it does the same thing when warmed up. The battery, a near new Ultima, is charged. The started is a stronger AJR aftermarket starter which is not that old. Loose fitttings (haven't gotten under it yet), bad voltage regulator or alternator?? FWIW, it has dual Webers, hotter cam, etc with 2 liter 4 cylinder.
lapuwali
Loose or missing ground strap is most likely, followed by a flaky battery to solenoid connection. VR and alternator aren't going to affect starting at all. You can start and run the car just fine w/o either one, you just need to charge the battery some other way.
bd1308
throw out that ammeter dude....

that definately isnt helping your case..
SirAndy
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 25 2005, 03:29 PM)
Loose or missing ground strap is most likely

agree.gif check the tranny ground strap ...

beerchug.gif Andy
skl
I wired that damned ammeter back in, I think, 1972- I'm kind of attached to it...
SpecialK
WOW!! ohmy.gif

Impressive list of vehicles you own(ed)! beer.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.