Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NO WHAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Ok now I got the car, and it needs work. I now need some direction.
Can anyone giv me some suggestions as to where I can locate parts for my new project (914)?
Suggestions are appreciated.....

Thanks
boxstr
You might want to think about going to the garage forum or the 914 parts forum. Ask there you will have a better chance to get the answers you need. You also might want to specify what parts you are looking for.
Good Luck.
Craig
Aaron Cox
to the garage we go.....
MoveQik
Automobile Atlanta headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif fighting19.gif
Joe Bob
Try and be specific.....parts have many names...
scotty914
and pics we like pics wub.gif
type47
actually, DO go to the auto atlanta site and view the parts pix that are from the factory parts manual along with part numbers. pelican parts also has some useful parts pix from the factory manual. the best $20 i ever spent was for the factory parts book i found at a swap meet. "EVERY" part on a 914 was listed, even the very rare mud flaps and snow chains!
BMartin914
Wherever you can find them. New, used, parts cars, friends, fools whatever. Be resourceful. You have to be with a 30 year old car. wink.gif

If you need new - Pelican. They have the best selection and excellent customer service. AA has a secret warehouse full of parts and if you are a gambler - roll the dice. If you need a lot of parts, body parts in particular, it might be worth your while to find a good tub. Again, depends on how many, what kind and how far you plan on going with the resto/repair.
skline
I have a garage full of parts, it's been awhile since we had a get together here, maybe it is about time to do so. I could get my garage cleaned and organized and we can see what you need in parts. Where is So Cal are you?
TINCAN914
Thanks for all the great advice.
I live in Lakee Forest,Ca. Boxstr, when I complete an inventory list, I will shoot you an e-mail. I would break my bank account, but the wife wouldn't like that much.
The motor seems sound, but I'm sure that's a matter of time.
The majority of my desires are cosmetics.. With the exception of the seats, the interior is pretty much gone...

Thanks again for the direction.... Will be spending some time o the net this weekend.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xrxixlxexyx/...lbum?.dir=/d3f1
See if the link works, here are some pictures. I bought the car from Roger Rward1015. (Nice People)

Have a great time in Italy Guy's!!
TINCAN914
Thanks for all the great advice.
I live in Lakee Forest,Ca. Boxstr, when I complete an inventory list, I will shoot you an e-mail. I would break my bank account, but the wife wouldn't like that much.
The motor seems sound, but I'm sure that's a matter of time.
The majority of my desires are cosmetics.. With the exception of the seats, the interior is pretty much gone...

Thanks again for the direction.... Will be spending some time o the net this weekend.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xrxixlxexyx/...lbum?.dir=/d3f1
See if the link works, here are some pictures. I bought the car from Roger Rward1015. (Nice People)

Have a great time in Italy Guy's!!
BMartin914
Car actually looks pretty good.

Is that a mirror in your targa top. Now that's a first. confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
lake forest...

we have about 10 guys local to you...
AA
skline
Thats a 74, does it have a 2 liter? or is it a 1.8? You are more than welcome to check out what parts I have that you need. I am just up in Costa Mesa so about 15 minutes from you. I might even have another top for you without the easy bake oven option installed. biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
No Ben, it's a moon roof.
Yea I have seen a numebr of posts from the local area...That would work out great..

Scott,
It's a 1.8, they were under the impression that is was a 2.0.
(easy Bake Oven) LOL!!! I could do with a solid top..
Once I get a better idea of what I need, I will drop you a line.
Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
Might want to go to the German Autofest (www.German-AutoFest.com) in Ventura on September 11th, where there'll be parts galore, and people to help you spend your money. People you NEED to know, like The Cap'n, Seemore (AKA "Z", who gave his wiener to Mrs. K, Mark B, and many others. The Cap'n
boxstr
The first thing you will want to do is take advantage of the great offer that CAMP 914 has. FREE, thats right FREE front and rear bumpers. Now I know you are asking yourself how can CAMP 914 give away FREE bumpers. Its easy, we have volume, CAMP 914 is bursting at the seams with front and rear bumpers.
The only thing you have to do is pay the shipping and handling from CAMP 914 to your front door.
These bumpers will add that all important touch of elegance to your 914. Why just stare and look with envy at everyone else who has these beautiful bumpers on there 914. Now you to can have a pair.
Call today or email me at camp914@comcast.net
CCLINBBBB
Allan
QUOTE (boxstr @ Aug 26 2005, 09:17 AM)
FREE, thats right FREE front and rear bumpers.

ohmy.gif I wish I would have known that a month ago...

Gotta near perfect rear chrome one??

Rubber not required...
boxstr
The bumpers are all rubber, they are the ones off of the 75 76 914. I do have more than I can use and I know no one will pay for them so they are free. If you pay shipping.
CCLINBUMPINTHENIGHT
Rand

Dang, no wonder I couldn't pay you to take my premium '75 bumpers away from the swap meet.
biggrin.gif

I've moved them around the garage a few times... next best thing to Bowflex. Still looking for a creative way to get rid of them. Maybe someone will inspire me...
biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 26 2005, 07:44 AM)
I have a garage full of parts, it's been awhile since we had a get together here, maybe it is about time to do so. I could get my garage cleaned and organized and we can see what you need in parts. Where is So Cal are you?

lol2.gif You are quite the dreamer Scott chairfall.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 26 2005, 06:44 AM)

Scott, you'll have to have a get together, JUST TO GET YOUR GARAGE CLEANED UP happy11.gif
tdgray
QUOTE (boxstr @ Aug 27 2005, 12:48 AM)
The bumpers are all rubber, they are the ones off of the 75 76 914. I do have more than I can use and I know no one will pay for them so they are free. If you pay shipping.
CCLINBUMPINTHENIGHT

Damn Craig, you big tease wink.gif

Here I thought I made a SCORE.

Oh well I'll keep looking. sad.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Aug 26 2005, 10:38 AM)
Car actually looks pretty good.

Is that a mirror in your targa top. Now that's a first. confused24.gif

That was going to be my 1st question too..... lol2.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Rand @ Aug 27 2005, 12:13 AM)
Dang, no wonder I couldn't pay you to take my premium '75 bumpers away from the swap meet.
biggrin.gif

I've moved them around the garage a few times... next best thing to Bowflex. Still looking for a creative way to get rid of them. Maybe someone will inspire me...
biggrin.gif

Well around here the local folks will take old tractor and car tires and set them in the front yard and use them as flower beds. Gives folks somethin to look at while they are sittin on the front porch doing laundry.

I reckon you could do something similar, that would be purdy and good for the envornment lol2.gif

pete-stevers
the dumpster ate my 75 bumpers....yup i had to pay to get rid of them dry.gif .....
Sorry Craig....had to hi-jack biggrin.gif
but I hear you have some hot seats....
steve
boxstr
Steve I have hot seats and LeMans seats, check my website. http://www.camp914.com
CCLINHOTBOOTY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.