Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Dope Smoker on E-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2425899374

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2425902351

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2425900326

His logic is pricing everything at 50% of retail....

So if we replace everything on a 4cylinder car at a cost of about $50,000 new, then the average used 914 should be worth $25K... (I don't think so).

I e-mailed the guy. with a link to some similar auctions at half his asking price that received no bids.
URY914
It is best to check the market price before you price your own crap to sell.

Paul
seanery
He's looking for a sucker!

He probably uses a certain doctor in Atlanta!
Anton
agree.gif Unfortunately, it all depends on demand and whether a part is easily available... And there is something like a market price.

Such e-bay vendors are forgetting that new parts come under guarantee (which they don't supply) and that 50% price does not imply 50% typical life expectancy. Most used 914 parts have already outrun their natural life, meaning that they are already 30 years old!

Surprised that you were so PO that you sent the guy an finger.gif e-mail.
Brad Roberts
Damn Karl.. a little harsh... clap56.gif

B
Lawrence
Karl isn't being harsh, Brad.

Our eBay buddy, Tim.... is an idiot.

I REQUIRE A FULL PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS OF SALE ENDING.  BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PICK-UP OF THESE PARTS UNLESS THEY WOULD LIKE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING.  CASH ONLY OR MONEY ORDERS THANK YOU TIM
vortrex
amazing...
Qarl
Actually, my e-mail to him was rather pleasant.

I simply told him that he was competing for similar products that didn't sell for less... but maybe he could also try Rennlist and Pelican Parts.

I didn't lead him to 914world.com on purpose.

And I wished him Good Luck anyways.
Lawrence
Did he join the club?
redshift
IT would be nice to have this thread, or one called: "Look here, lil Ebay bitches" nailed so they wouldn't have to search.

smile.gif

M
Mark Henry
The A-RPM cleaner tops are totally cool but they haven't been made since the early-eightys. Thats how old the carb kit is,LOL!

what a Crack-head. w00t.gif
Curvie Roadlover
If I could part my car out and get a price that is 1/2 of the price for new for each piece, it might be my ticket to an early retirement confused24.gif
ninefourteener
Did you check out his feedback? Only 1 negative so far, but it said something like "Tim is a typical used car salesman, don't buy from him"

Tim's response was "thank you".

Makes me wonder what that was all about
garyh
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 29 2003, 01:05 PM)

Last time I paid that much for headlight motors the rest of the car was still attached.
tat2dphreak
hmmm an incomplete USED carb set up for 400 when you can get a COMPLETE and NEW setup for the same price... wow! I didn't know carbs appreciate in value!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.